This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• 1. Apple iPhone 14 ProMax.  Apple Watch Version 9.1  phone iOS 16.0.1 

2. Garmin Edge 520+

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Canada

• that is great, i really hope Garmin gets working on this soon. With so many users complaining / looking for a fix, we should at least get an update by now

• Hi Garmin-Kevin, 

I also would like a more complete data synchronization from Garmin Connect to Apple Health. Meaning for example HRV, VO2max, sleep data (including deep, light, rem sleep etc.) and the filling of the Apple activity rings. Currently none of the aforementioned data is synching to Apple health. To answer your questions: 

1.  Apple iPhone 13 Pro, SW 16.1.1

2. Garmin Fenix 7 Solar

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. The Netherlands 

• I'm hopeful that this work is either on the way to be delivered on or is still actively being investigated.

1. Apple Watch 7, Apple iPhone 13 Pro, Apple iPad, Apple MacBook Pro 16" (so yes, a complete Apple household)

2. Garmin Fenix 7X Saphire Solar

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Sweden

Would love it if much more data could be synced between the two. For example, water should be synced and should show the same values between Apple Health and Garmin Connect.

• Thank you again for helping us push on this.  It has been two months since you started gathering information to share with the product team(s).   While I absolutely wouldn't expect any action to be taken that quickly, it does seem like that might be enough time to determine if an improvement here is something Garmin will pursue.  (and possibly even a high level prioritization/timeline).    In any event, do you have any updates for us that you can share?

• It’s been 2 month since I bought iPhone with Apple Watch Ultra and since my garmin fenix 6 pro were turned off. Today I turned garmin on and did some workout, then faced with the same issue as you all guys have and I tell you that this company is a complete crap. You know, I bought this watch for thousand dollars and it can’t even propose me to start tracking activity if I missed to start it. There are tons of little issues with the same multipage forum threads as this one, nobody fixes anything people ask. EVEN THIS BOT KEVIN

• Your last sentence was so funny. I needed that laugh.

Yup. Garmin watches are great but the integration/smartwatch functionality is lacking big time. On top of not updating the rings. we get notifications with no date/time stamp, well by looking at the watch I can't tell when I got the notification. Can clear all Notifications at once from the watch.  

I wear this watch more for the look and still rely on the Apple Watch for fitness.

• 1. iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16.2

2. Forerunner 955

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. USA

•  what is the status for this issue not writing the data needed to Apple HealthKit in order to fill the rings?

A lot of users has provided feedback but we the users have not heard anything about this for a long time now. Is it even worked on, and when can we expect to get a fix. I think garmin connect app should offer to write all data possible from Garmin connect app to Apple health.