This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• 1. iPhone 14 (but also saw on 13, 12)

2. Edge 1040 (saw same on 1030)

3. yes

4. yes

5. US

what I have seen is that there is just some "missing piece" Garmin is doing when writing to Apple health. Strava does it correctly, Rungap does it correctly if you sync from a Garmin workout to Apple health. I have used other apps (Apple Watch Workoutdoors app for example) and it works too. So these devs/apps have figured it out. I think someone at Garmin just needs to test using a Garmin edge or other device, do a bike ride, then make sure the apple health (and activity rings) update correctly. Excersize I think works, the Move rings do not. Active energy in apple health or something not get written correctly.

• Iphone 14 pro and ios 16.1

forerunner 955 + edge 1040

yes, you can email me

sweden

• 1. iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.1 / Apple Watch Series 7 with WatchOS 9.1

2. Edge 1040

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Germany

1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.)
    2. What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker?
    3. May we have permission to access your Garmin Connect account?
    4. May we have permission to email you?
    5. In what country do you live?

1. iPhone 12 Pro, running iOS 16.1
    2. Forerunner 235, used to track runs & some bike rides
    3. Yes, you may access my Garmin Connect account
    4. Yes, you may email me, I'm happy to offer feed back and/or help beta test changes
    5. United States of America
    1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.)
      1. Apple iPhone 14 Pro - SW is up to date version 16.0.3
      1. Fenix 6S and Garmin Edge 830
      1. Yes
      1. Yes
      1. United States of America
  • As a reminder we have a petition going, please make sure you sign it! https://chng.it/p7j5rFKv  please edit your original post to add this in so people see it!

• Josh, still not sure that trying to redirect people to a petition hosted elsewhere is as good of a strategy as encouraging people to give garmin-kevin more weight to walk in with.... (which btw, I don't think you've done yet).

• You are right, it’s probably much easier to see the amount of people who want this feature by going page by page by page by page by page by page in this thread and then making up a number of people who’d want this who haven’t posted anything to this thread too. Do you expect Kevin to go through page by page with a piece of paper and write down each person and then tally them all up? This method is easier for Kevin, easier for the user base to click “sign” and it compiles into an easy to read number for whoever is above Kevin. 

If you were to lookup the definition and purpose of a petition online I’m sure you wouldn’t find in the definition “an equal replacement for a petition is to create a post and hope everyone complains on it”

1. iPhone 13 Mini, iOS16.1
    2. Fenix 7x (Fenix 5, Edge 530)
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. Germany

thank you very much PraySlight smile

• iPhone 12 running iOS 16.1
      • Forerunner 245 Music
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • USA