This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sufferfest/ Trainerroad/ Zwift not contributing to Training Status or Training Load

Hi All,

There was an announcement several months ago that workouts undertaken in the above training apps would contribute to your Garmin Training Status.

This was working up until recently when it has stopped working for all three apps.

Does anyone know what has changed on the Garmin side that it is no longer working?

Thx.

• Please see the "Do Activities Recorded With Third-Party Apps Count Towards Training Status?" section of the FAQ below.

What Is the Training Status Feature on My Garmin Device?

You may also want to review the "Related Content" at the bottom of the article.

An additional FAQ you will also want to review is:

Why Is My Training Status Not Updating on My Garmin Device?

Additionally, please make sure that you have recorded an activity on your Garmin device and uploaded it recently. If you have no activities uploaded from a Garmin device recently that may prevent these metrics from uploading via third-party.

Finally, Sufferest is now Wahoo SYSTM.  You will need to consult Wahoo to confirm what information they will now be allowing to be sent from Wahoo SYSTM to Garmin Connect, as this may be changing moving forward.

• What answer is this? Auto generated ? He asked you a simple question.... Im wondering if you garmin people know who buys your gear, and pay your salary? 

Please try again, why does not the mentioned apps tribute to training status.? Ive also tried recording with my fenix 6 + Zwift. Still no training status. 

• Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the response. However, the issue is across all three platforms and not isolated to a single third-party app. This would indicate a change on the Garmin Connect end as the data was being passed across successfully until recently. Currently, the workouts show as a summary only, so no VO2 data which is what training status requires to be calculated.

Thx 

• An update:

Wahoo support has confirmed this is a known issue and they are working through it with the Garmin development team.

Whether this is the same issue across all three apps I cannot confirm.

• Hello all-

In the past we have seen this symptom from users who were not meeting all of the requirements for this to feature to work.  It sounds like, at least some of you, had this working previously, so I'm posting below the necessary information:

For Training Status to update from a supported third-party app, you must meet these requirements:

1. The third-party app must be linked to your Garmin Connect account
    2. You must have a Training Status capable device/uploaded an activity from this device recently
      • If you remove your compatible device from Garmin Connect, you will not receive Training Status data from a third-party or Tacx app activity.
      • So, if you have recently removed or re-paired your device, you may need to "re-qualify" by doing the following:
        • Please make sure that you have recorded an activity on your Garmin device and uploaded it recently. If you have no activities uploaded from a Garmin device recently that may prevent these metrics from uploading via third-party.
    3. Physio TrueUp must be enabled on your Garmin device (see What is Physio TrueUp?).

Furthermore, please see "What Is the Training Status Feature on My Garmin Device?" for official details.

*If you meet all of these requirements and are still experiencing this issue, please tag me and I will email you for more information.

• I’m unsure about bullet point number 2. Can you elaborate or give an example for this? I’m under the impression that you will need to simultaneously run the Garmin device while using Zwift but that defeats the purpose. I would like activities uploaded directly from Zwift to count towards training load and training status. The numbers from Zwift are all there.

• Simultaneous recording is not necessary, only that you have recorded a recent activity on the Training Status capable Garmin device.  If you are experiencing this issue and meet all of the criteria above (in my previous post), please tag me in a reply and answer the following:

1. What Garmin device do you use?
    2. When is the last time you recorded (and synced) an activity (of the same type that you are using on the third party app) on that device?
    3. May we have your permission to access/view your Garmin Connect account?
  • 1. Garmin Edge 530. Before Zwift, latest activity using Garmin Edge 530 was 9/6. First Zwift activity entered 9/14, so there were 8 days in-between.

2. I have recently been dual recording, last activity was 10/6. However, rides from Zwift were uploaded on 9/14, 9/16, 9/17, 9/20, 9/21, 9/22, and 9/24 but were not included in training calculations (training load, status, VO2 max, etc.)

3. Yes you have permission to access/view my Garmin account.

• Same problem as stated in topic 

solution mentioned did not work/ was already set up. Using a Fenix6 HR during wahoo systm workouts 

• Hello .  We have confirmed now that Sufferfest has become Wahoo SYSTM, it is no longer compatible with Garmin Connect and Garmin devices to calculate and contribute to your Training Load/Status.  Please see the (now updated) FAQ below which no longer includes Sufferfest/Wahoo SYSTM as a compatible third-party application. This is a change that has been made in that platform and is separate from the issue that is currently being worked on regarding other third-party applications.

What Is the Training Status Feature on My Garmin Device?