This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Runkeeper Training Plan Not Syncing to Garmin Connect

Garmin Connect no longer syncs scheduled activities from Runkeeper's training plans to the calendar.

What I did notice was that under connected apps in Garmin Connect; there were two Runkeeper apps, one called "Runkeeper" and the second was "Runkeeper Training" which I assume dealt with syncing the training plan. I removed both they disappeared and I cannot get "Runkeeper Training" to reappear no matter what I try. I have tried reinstalling, restarting phones, removing the integrations from the web interface, etc.

In Runkeeper app (iOS) I cannot disconnect from the Garmin app at all. There are also two options here: "Runkeeper Health" and "Runkeeper Training". I can disable "Runkeeper Health" by removing the integration via runkeeper.com, but the "Training" option cannot be disabled at all.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks!

P.S. I have also contacted Runkeeper and will keep this updated if they have a fix.

• Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, I did mange to connect my calendars together but when I did a Pre-planned runkeeper intervals sessions, the number of intervals on my Garmin would be one less than I was supposed to do. Eg RK would say 800m x5 but Garmin would show 800x4.

Contacted RK they said disconnected permission and start again, But like you, I could as had the problem you have. They eventually got back to me a 2nd time saying

-Is your Garmin device (not the account) still connected in the Runkeeper app? On the Apps and Devices page?

This didn’t solve anything, didn’t want to delete my RK no plan as midway through it.

So no answers really, but your not alone. 
    hopefully a answer soon.

• Ah I am glad to hear I’m not an isolated case (I guess). 

I hear the interval repetition issue is common. I noticed it myself too. Very annoying. 

How did you manage to force the calendar to sync again? What steps did you take?

thanks!

• Sorry I haven’t been able to re-sync the calendar.  So still stuck with the same glitchy problem. 

• Oh I misunderstood. Sorry. 

Mmm. I will try out some more things. Very disappointed with the support for this. It seems difficult to get any direct contact with either company about this and the outstanding issue about the reps not syncing properly either. 

• Hi,

Have you had any luck getting the garmin training disconnected?

• I have the same problem! I created a training plan on runkeeper and synced it. It worked well, showed up on my garmin device. The first ativity was a 3km run, when I finished 3km, the activity "restarted" on my watch, it said I had to run 3km again. I manually stopped the activity on my watch, so this wasnt a big issue for me. But then I ended the runkeeper training plan and started a new one. Now I cant get the new plan to sync with my garmin device. I was able to disconnect the "runkeeper training", like you did, by logging in to runkeeper online and disconnecting garmin. I manually deleted the "old" training plan on my garmin calendar. Since Runkeeoer says it has a weekly auto-sync I am hoping it will sync on sunday...
    Not really helping, but I'm having a similar issue. 

• I have exactly the same issue; also not able to ‘reset/disconnect’ the garmin training in the runkeeper app..

has anyone found a solution?

thanks

• Sorry no solution here, but I had a useless reply from Runkeeper saying 'This is a known issue, and has been protizied to be fixed....."

That was sent to me on the 5th May!

Not great customer service.

• Same problem here. Anyone had a fix??

• Hi ! 
    I just synchronised my Garmin watch with runkeeper trainings, and I met the same problems with the number of intervals. Did you manage to solve it? Thanks a lot!