This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Request For SpO2, VO2 Max, and Respiration Data to be Shared to Apple Health App

Hello,

I have observed that few of the data are not synced to Apple Health. 

Oxygen Saturation

Respiratory Rate

VO2 Max

This can be done via mobile application update. I also found couple of links which might be useful.

UPDATE: Due to community guidelines links are deleted but can be searched easily on internet

This changes will be common for all series. For example Venu, Forerunner, Fenix etc. 

I believe that if the watch is able to calculate such value, same can be synced to Apple Health.

Can you please do the needful?

Thanks

• I've also have this problem. I have two Garmin watches; Tactix Deltra Solar, and Vivosmart 5. I found that most of the data can now be synced with Apple Health application except Pulse Ox, Pulse OX Acclimation and Respiratory rate, which my doctor has asked me. I also have two apple watches, the series 3 and 6. I gave series 6 to my mother and use series 3 which cannot measure Blood Oxygen level.

Now, I'm contemplating on either buying a new apple watch 8 or apple watch ultra, which the latter seems to be a better choice because it's a titanium body with many features compatible to Garmin Tactix Delta that I have, but that means I probably be abolishing Garmin altogether which is a pity because I'm also using Garmin Edge 1030 and other Garmin bike head light and radar tail light.

Now, it's decision to go Apple all the way or Gamin. This is only because of this features on Blood Oxygen and Respiratory rates only, which my doctor fears I might have problem not breathing while sleeping, which can leads to death. 

• I stand by every word.

• Let me first say that neither Apple nor Garmin makes medical devices that monitor Blood Oxygen or Respiratory rates.  They have devices that show those stats, but they are not considered "medical grade".  If you have condition that requires you to know those values with a degree of certainty to maintain your health and well being (rather than just being interesting to get faster) PLEASE have your medical provider make a device recommendation for you.  Do not get advice from this forum, or from the marketing of any company.

For anyone looking at a similar choice that is NOT to solve for monitoring a current or potential medical condition, most of the comparisons I have seen put the Apple watch a bit better than Garmin on these stats in terms of accuracy (and neither is as good as a fingertip device).  For these metrics I don't believe there is a significant difference between the 8 and the Ultra.   For general fitness tracking, the Ultra does bring some things to the table that the 8 doesn't however so if thats your focus I would look into it.   None of the Apple Watches have nearly as robust of a system for workouts/fitness, so if thats your focus, Garmin is the better choice.  Likewise, Apple likely has more options to talk to other devices and health systems so if that's your focus (or if you mostly want a smart watch) then that's the better choice.

Of course, the BEST answer would be for Garmin to just fix their HealthKit integration at which point this whole problem just goes away and the Apple Watch loses much of it's advantage for this particular use case.

• Heya, please add me as requesting this feature (I currently use AppleWatches and want to swap over to Garmin watches once I can be sure of the data integrity)...

• , if you look at the bottom of this page: apple-health-activity-ring-does-not-fill-after-workout-is-completed-on-a-garmin-device-request-for-improvement-on-how-garmin-connect-writes-data-to-apple-healthkit-sdk. is asking for certain info if you want to be included in the group of people who would like Garmin's implementation of HealthKit to work properly.  

• Thank you for your elaborated reply. A large percentage of people run risk to stop breathing due to several reason which stop oxygen to the brain, and death subsequently. Of course having medical devices that help mitigating these risks is a better way, although expensive, and yet so far they are very difficult to wear and yet sleep with them.

My mother just afraid of these events might happen, and we check her into the hospital to have a sleep in measurement. The whole diagnostic for one night costed more than an apple watch. It turned out she slept normally.
    I'm not sure about the finger tip oxygen measuring is more accurate than wrist measuring. The apple watch series 3 can measure the frequency of breathing during the night and not oxygen, which is sufficient to gauge whether one stop breathing or not. And of course the level of night time sleeping Oxygen as measured by wrist watch is only indicative and not a medical device, as you say, and as described in the manual. But, my doctor just want an indicative measurements before he would prescribe me to have a full examination, which of course, as said, cost more than one Apple Watch. In addition, he wants to generally see the amount of Oxygen intake during the night. I'm doing regular exercises, weight training, jogging, and biking, both indoor and outdoor. I have gym equipments at home. My Oxygen take during exercise as I measure by both Garmin and Apple Watches are lower even than sleeping or normal day time. Both watches read out are different, not sure if I can post picture here to demonstrate.
    The point I'm making here isn't the accuracy of these watches in measuring Oxygen, and of course, one big difference in the advantage of each watch is that Apple can make phone call, and Gamin does have maps. The point is that I just want all the information to combine into one application and not scattering around in Health, Connect, iHealth, Withings, Polar, Sleep Cycle, Sleep++, Strava, Wahoo, Zwift, MyfitnessPal, etc.. etc..
    My point is that just Connect writes all the information gather from Gamin Watches, and other Garmin Devices and share with Apple Health, which seems to be centre to be distributing information to other applications.

• Hi hi, and big big thanks for finding time to explain. I sent you +1 to your karma + voted for you 

• Hello 
     And  Did you already give up on this?