This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't pair my Garmin watch to my iPhone

Vivoactive 4S and can't pair it to my iPhone
Any idea ?

• These steps and videos seem to be the most helpful to fix this issue.

• In the Garmin Connect app remove Garmin - More > Garmin Devices > select your Garmin device > Remove Device
    • On your iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth > select your Garmin device > Forget This Device
    • If you have any other mobile devices (phones, tablets) nearby and paired with the Garmin, also do the same there - Settings > Bluetooth > select your Garmin device > Forget This Device
    • Restart iPhone
    • Restart Garmin
    • Place your Garmin in pairing mode  - depends on model, but usually hold MENU > select Pair Phone.
    • Pair using Garmin Connect, not your phone's Bluetooth settings.

• Hi!

I had the same issue with my vivomove hr some time ago and in my case it helped to unpair and then re-pair the both of them.

• Hello! Were you able to get your vivoactive 4s paired to your iPhone?

• I can't pair my phone and my watch, my forerunner 235, using IOS verison 14.4. Why?

• Hey there! Can you try these steps for me:

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, unplug the device and an update may go through.
    • Open the Garmin Connect Mobile App,
    • Tap more on the bottom right, then tap Garmin devices
    • Tap on the device name
    • Tap the 3 dots on the upper right-hand corner and select remove. Close the app
    • Open the iPhone settings, go to Bluetooth
    • Tap the i icon next to the name and select forget the device.
    • Power phone completely down then turn it back on
    • While phone is turning on, please put the device in pair mode by going to the settings on the watch then phone, Bluetooth pair smart phone
    • Open the Garmin Connect mobile app and add device

Let me know if this works for you!

• I have tried this multiple times & it has not worked for me. When I try to repair the watch with the app it won’t complete the set up. 

• Can you please suggest another fix

• Can you please suggest another fix

Are you getting any errors? What software version is the watch and what iOS are you using? Can you tell me exactly what happens when you are trying to pair?

• This is also happening on my Edge 830. On the screen select an accessory nothing shows up. Eventually it times out and asks to try again. My edge 830 is running 7.10 and my iPhone is running iOS 14.5 beta 2. No error is displayed on either iPhone or Edge. 

• I have the exact same problem, but with an Edge 530.

My iPhone is running the latest iOS 14.5 beta. On the select an accessory screen nothing shows up. The Edge 530 does show up in the system settings Bluetooth screen, so the device is visible to the phone, but not Garmin Connect.

I did successfully pair the Edge 530 in the Garmin Connect app on my iPad which is still on iOS 14.4, so this issue seems to be related to iOS 14.5. At least from my POV.