This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Message notifications

Hi all,

I know there have been many writing in for the past 6-12 months, but I have a Garmin Fenix 5X. I’m an Apple user, and I updated to iOS 13.6. I tried all of the suggestions about turning notifications on “Always,” etc, but I am still not getting any notifications, phone calls, etc, on my watch. Is anyone else still having this problem? Any updated solutions?

Thanks,

C

• This only happened to me since the Garmin outage recently. Everything else is working as before just the notifications have stopped.

• If you are having trouble receiving smart notifications, it is possible the device is not paired properly and needs to be re-paired.

From Garmin Connect Mobile app on your iPhone

• Tap "More" >> Garmin Devices >> Select your connected device
    • Tap 3-dot icon on the upper right >> Remove Device >> Remove
    • Close the Garmin Connect Mobile app

Go back to the main menu on your iPhone

• Open Settings >> Bluetooth
    • Under "MY DEVICES" tap the "i" icon to the right of your Garmin device
    • Tap "Forget This Device"
    • Restart your iPhone

Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app

• Tap the "+" icon in the upper right
    • Select your watch from the list of Garmin devices
    • Put your Garmin watch in Bluetooth pairing mode (This varies based on device. For the fēnix 5X hold LIGHT and select Bluetooth status to manually enter pairing mode, but check your manual if you're using a different device.)
    • Tap Start on the app and the iPhone
    • When prompted with "Bluetooth Pairing Request" enter the PIN (passkey) displayed on your Garmin device
    • When iPhone displays "Pairing Complete!" tap "Done"
  • Thank you so much!

• NAILED IT!!!

thank you that was the fix. 

• I have done all that going thru it with the online support as well and it does NOT fix it for the S40. The problem is the watch does receive notifications after the exercise above, but it will stop working after a while. The only way to revive it is to power off the watch, then power on (in other words soft reset). 

Even if I have done that and it starts working again, it will just fail at some point and I will only know cuz I have not rec notification on the phone while they pop up on my phone. So if my phone is in my pocket, I would not know all the missed notification that I have recd on the phone but not showing up on the watch. Its almost like I have to do soft reset, or close and reopen the Connect app to "trigger a manual pairing" all the time. Also I notice phone call notification works even when I am not receiving any smart notification. Maybe the "show all" isnt exactly "show all" or just glitchy. I dont know but its frustrating...

Looks to me a nasty bug for the developer to quash as I cant replicate it. All I know is from time to time, it will just "drop connection" even tho the watch always says "already paired"....