This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect stuck on syncing (vivosmart 4)

Hi everyone!

So, I just got the vivosmart 4 and I'm trying to sync the device with my phone and the Connect app.

The problem is simple: after all the initial duties, the app gets stuck on the running boy, he keeps running and running and I have no clue why.
I tried update vivo software, update iOs, reset, resync multiple times etc. and now nothing else comes to my mind and the boy is still running.

Anybody any idea on how to fix it?
I thought this unusual wait maybe is due to the Garmin app trying to sync all the old health data present on the phone (i had another cheap smartband for a while), is it possible? Because if so it may take a damn while.

Other interesting stuff: if I simply restart the app the boy goes away and it looks like the setup wizard is going to continue but when I press the "next" button literally nothing happens. Stuck again.

I'm leaving it overnight, last shot, but I'll really appreciate some help!

Thanks a lot,

Cheers

• EDIT:

Problem solved, looked like I was right and Connect was trying to sync all the previous data from Apple Health app, and that was keeping everything stuck. To avoid that you simply don't allow Connect to access Apple Health data at the start, you can turn it on later after the sync process is completed.

Cheers