This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health displays double the calories and steps after physical activity.

Hello

after the latest update of Garmin Connect, Apple health displays the double of calories and steps after physical activity (e.g. running). 
The values are correct in Garmin Connect, but if I open Health and ask to visualize the source data, I see that Garmin Connect is sending a packet with twice the value. As it was counting the calories, steps, and distance from running on top of the running itself. 

Could you please check it?

Bruno

i use a Vivoactive 3, but I don’t think that the issue comes from the watch. 

• Looks like there are two issues at play:

- The same calorie being repeated multiple times. I had this a couple of times but it seems rare as I don't have it anymore for a couple of months.

- The calorie count being way higher than it should but syncs look OK (I mean they don't repeat dozens of times).

Th former is fairly obvious with the screenshot above from DB00.

The last one is a bit tougher but I cracked the nut on what happens, as it looked like my syncs today (June 15) and yesterday (June 14) were perfectly OK, and I noticed I had no workout registered those days.

But on June 13 I had a significant workout, and a big overcount of calories in Apple Health.

That day, as recorded by my Garmin device, and as shown in Connect:

- I burned a total of 3676 calories = 2136 resting + 1540 active.

- I did a 2:05:29 workout for a total of 1016 calories.

And in Apple Health:

- In the Resting Energy section, I have a single sync event that day from Connect, totalling 2136 calories. This is value is correct.

- In the Active Energy section, I have a single sync event that day from Connect, totalling 2556 calories. This value is incorrect: it should be 1540.

- In the Workouts section, I have a single sync event from Connect, totalling a duration of 2:05:29 and 1016 calories. This value is correct.

Now the issue struck me like lightning: 2556 = 1540 + 1016

Garmin Connect mistakenly sends the total of Connect's Active Energy plus Workout calories as Active Energy to Apple Health in a single sync event!

Here are all the relevant screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cfllkey5rszlw7z/AABuMVGA08Vcr-fvDqGd-xOIa?dl=0 

• Have you been able to get in touch with someone at Garmin ? My fear is that your troubleshooting work is going unnoticed and we're just talking among ourselves.

• I've started tweeting to major tech sites for them to cover these issues. I suggest you do the same. Also, remember to 1* them on the app store and mention these bugs in the review.

• Yeah.. pushing this as well .. will see if they do anything..

• It does come from the watch. I use a Garmin Forerunner 25.  Today I covered about 7 km.  Both my watch and my iPhone, which I took with me, were in fairly close agreement about the distance covered until I used my iPhone to sync with my watch  so that I could check the heart rate data etc. on my computer.  Syncing took about half a minute and for some reason my iPhone suddenly decided I had covered 19 km.  This is not an intermittent fault.  It happens now every time I sync my watch and Apple iPone.

• I've gotten no reply on this in months.  It's obviously not a priority for Garmin at this point.

• Bumping this. Garmin is running me around in circles. Anyone else having any luck?

• Well Garmin continues to blame apple.  Of course, other apps don’t have this issue.  But whatever.  Garmin doesn’t care.  Easier to blame than to fix.

• Yeah. Might as well sell my Fenix if they don't support it.

• I want to add my voice to this problem. I’m not getting the calorie sync to work properly and the move ring isn’t closing on the Apple Watch. I’m using Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire for workouts and Apple Watch Series 6 for day to day. This really needs to be fixed. No reason why it can’t be.