This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health displays double the calories and steps after physical activity.

Hello

after the latest update of Garmin Connect, Apple health displays the double of calories and steps after physical activity (e.g. running). 
The values are correct in Garmin Connect, but if I open Health and ask to visualize the source data, I see that Garmin Connect is sending a packet with twice the value. As it was counting the calories, steps, and distance from running on top of the running itself. 

Could you please check it?

Bruno

i use a Vivoactive 3, but I don’t think that the issue comes from the watch. 

• It does. There are a few threads on this already and quite a number of us with open tickets going back more than 6 months. Requests for updates on here have been ignored by  who simply closed a thread he’d previously replied to. My requests to Support for update on my ticket are merely met with a “we have no timescale”. I’m taking that as a euphemism for “we’re not working on it”.

If I’m honest, like many of the remaining bugs, such as True-up not working (and other obvious flaws that Garmin claim are “by design”), I’ve pretty much given up on them ever bothering to solve this one.

• i have the same problem. every time the garmin connect ios software syncing the active calorie logged into the iphone health with the time stamp of the syncing. plus at midnight minus one minute.  the latest garmin connect sw does not delete the earlier time activity data and keep only the last one. 

in the past we had this problem already and after few months garmin fixed it. the problem comes back again. 

• The same problem.

Garmn connect shows correct total calories number but in apple health calories are counted twice - as steps activity and as excersise

• Having the exact same issue, but Garmin don’t seem to be interested in fixing their bugs

• I’ve been trying to track my stats more accurately by extracting all my data from the health App.  Looks like Garmin won’t be fixing this, so since my 630 is nearing end of life, I will switch to another make.  Any recommendations?

• Just checked again because I found this thread.

Yesterday GCM wrote on Apple health that my resting calories (so without any activity) were 3597 kcal. For a day. Maybe if I were 3.5 meters tall.

In addition to that, even though I only cycled for 354 kcal, it wrote on Apple Health that my active calories were 2492 kcal, which is peculiar given that I was working from home.

So yes, Apple Health integration is total garbage.

• I have the same issue.  I have an open ticket as well. Honestly I just removed garmin from apple health for the time being because it's such a joke.  The whole reason why I like garmin over say apple (other than battery life and durability) is the stats.  But since garmin connect can't be the single place to show everything, it has to be apple health (for example, data from peloton, outdoor workout data, apple watch data)

Last week it recorded over 1200 calories to apple health for a 560 calorie activity.  I'm having more and more issues with garmin products, making me really consider just not using them. 

Right now I just use my fenix 6s for outdoor workouts, but that may change soon..

• This is tough because garmin does make some good products, but this data issue is a big problem for a lot of us.

I really like the apple watch, but no doubt the garmin watch is way better for serious athletes or data junkies.

It just depends. I'm at the point where I use the Apple Watch for my day to day life, and keep the fenix 6s around for outdoor workouts or if I'm going on a multi day trip, such as rafting or backpacking.

• This is the data from yesterday.

As you can see my resting calories are 1989.

On Apple Health there’s probably last manual sync of the evening at 9:29 PM. Then there’s the auto sync forcefully set at 10:59 PM (another long standing bug where GC doesn’t understand how to calculate the last minute of the day with DST), probably triggered the next morning on subsequent sync.

This is not Apple fault as Garmin or any Garmin employee may tell you. In Apple Health there are APIs to “add” values or to “replace” previous entries. They’re just using the API the wrong way. It’s Garmin’s fault.

• I’ve found that this bug was introduced on Feb 6 2020. 
    Previously my resting calories were pretty much constant day by day.

Dev team please check regressions for that release.