This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gear Sub-Categories

Especially for biking, we need gear sub-categories.

For each bike, I want to be able to track the mileage of many of the bike components

Tires, wheels, chain, derailleur, forks, shocks, etc.

Currently I can create these as "other", but with multiple bikes its very difficult to manage.

Gravel Bike #1

• Gravel tires
  • Trainer tire
  • Wheels
  • derailleur
  • Chain #2
    • Retired Chain #1
  • etc

Road Bike #1

• Racing tires
  • Touring Tires
  • Trainer tire
  • Wheels
  • derailleur
  • Chain
  • etc

In the cycling community, this would be an incredible enhancement.

Keep up the good work.

• People ask for this for 7 years already. Garmin does not listen

• This forum is not the place to ask for new features. Submit your ideas and suggestions to Garmin here: https://www.garmin.com/forms/ideas/

• So are apparently not also the ideas. If nothing happens in 7years :-). 
    Myself after submiting the idea (also I asked my friends to do so), I did following: 

* I contacted local garmin country distributor for help, they have no direct link for product suggestions (at least this is what they say) 

* I contacted global support if they have internal processes to submit an idea (apparently they also do not have) which I really cannot believe.

They say yeah looks like a lot of people are asking for this. They said use ideas after I posted them link to forum thread, thay clearly shows posting to ideas does not help

* I contacted beta team from outdoor (fenix watches) if they have internal channels -> no response from there