This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking is way off.

If I read at night or watch the morning news, it counts as part of my sleep time.  My sleep time may start at 7 pm or end at 9 am, even if I actually lay down to sleep at 10 and up by 6 am with coffee in hand.  Anyone else have this issue?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Yes. Way off. I was up a couple hours in the night last night and it says I was awake for 2 minutes. Also recorded I slept 10:30 a few nights agoFlushed. Uh. Right. I wouldn’t use this feature for accuracy, to be sure. 

• Not useful to pay attention to the sleep tracking at all. I went to bed at 11pm last night, and looked at the clock in my kitchen before heading upstairs.  The app shows me starting to sleep around 8pm, and in REM sleep during part of the time between then and 11. 

• Way way off & I wish there is a delete button for incorrect sleep activity. It counts it as sleeping when I am charging device after waking up at 6am & for the last 2 days that I haven’t even worn the device but I have been deep sleeping for 11 -12hrs according to the device each day. It is now next to useless as it was accurate when I started using the device & it used to recognise if the device is worn or not. I hope this can be fixed by the developers quickly Slight frown

• Has anyone heard if they are rolling out a fix for this? This is a feature that I would like to use and might be worth a return in my case if it's useless. Garmin Connect Mobile Android 

• Had the Venu for 2 months. Ended up returning it because of the useless sleep tracking. Shocking how bad Garmin is at this. Won't buy Garmin again until this is fixed.

• Their sleep tracking is a disaster. This is a screenshot of last nights sleep tracking ->

I mean... Really? It even detects me as "awake" multiple times all the way up until I actually went to sleep at 23:15. How hard is it push "Bed Time" past last awake time if registeredAwakeEvents is above some threshold?

Edit: My sleep history is filled with similar sleep data.

• This is just ridiculous.. I went to bed at 2240'ish. It seems to me that all they have to do is lower the sensitivity for what is "awake". Combined with the "Normal bed time" / "Normal wake time" it should be really easy to fix this problem..

Former Member

Please, can you at least let us know you're aware of this?

• It’s just rubbish. The algorithm must be so simplistic and not properly leveraging all the info that comes off my Fenix 6, ie it doesn’t get any better with a product upgrade (I had a FR235 until recently). 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Former Member

Have similar issue