This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot pair fenix 5 with iphone 11 pro

I have upgraded from iphone 7 to iphone 11 and cannot get my fenix 5 to pair. 

Initially I get this message:

Searching . . . We are having some trouble locating your device.

And eventually (sometimes but not always)

We found a fenix 5 but it’s not in Bluetooth pairing mode. 

When I select pairing mode on my fenix 5 I get the following message on my watch

Download garmin connect mobile for full connected experience.

I am running the latest version of garmin connect

Software is updated on my iphone 11.

I have removed my device from my previous phone.  (iphone 7)

I have deleted the garmin connect from my previous phone (iphone 7)

I have turned everything on and off (iphone 11 and Garmin)

I have clicked the control button on my fenix and made sure that the phone is disconnected.  

I have removed and reinstalled garmin connect on my iphone 11.

I have toggled Bluetooth on and off.     I have checked  ‘allow Connect to access bluetooth’. 

I have also reinstalled Garmin Connect back to my iphone 7 and and able to re-pair my Fenix 5 without any issues.   (I have since unpaired and deleted the app to try to reinstall on iphone 11). 

• It seems you have done the things I have done, so this may not add anything to your situation.  

I had similar problems when I changed to a iPhone 11 Pro Max. I can't say just how I overcame it, but it included deleting the app and all data from the 11 and forgetting the bluetooth connection that transferred over with the installation of my apps from the old phone, reinstalling and re-connecting the bluetooth to the watch.  

• there was an update to the iOS Garmin Connect app released last week.  that seemed to fix my pairing issues.  Did you get that one?

• at your old iphone do 'forget device' 

• Did you ever solve your problem?  My issue and the steps I took are identical and it persists.

• I had the same issue for 2 days.  I deleted the garmin fenix 5 from my iphone bluetooth settings and it worked!  The iphone detected my fenix 5 right away and i reconnected it to bluetooth.  Then the pairing happened automatically!