This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ATTN: iOS Users with issues after updating to iOS 13

I Am Having Issues with My Garmin Watch After Updating to iOS 13 on My iPhone

With the released of iOS 13, some changes in the way that your Garmin device communicates with your phone have changed.  Review the following symptoms which should solve your issue.

The Garmin Connect app displays the message "Bluetooth is turned off"

iOS 13 requires Bluetooth Sharing to be turned on for the Garmin Connect app.  Below are steps to enable this setting.

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Scroll down and select Connect

3. Toggle Bluetooth Sharing on

NOTE: For the best user experience with your Garmin device and your phone, the Location setting should be set to Always and all toggles should be set to on.

I Am No Longer Getting Smart Notifications on My Garmin Device

To correct this issue follow the steps below:

Check Bluetooth Settings

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Select Bluetooth

3. Under MY DEVICES select the i icon next to your Garmin device

4. Toggle Share System Notifications to on

Check Notification Settings

1. Select Notifications

2. Set "Show Previews" to Always

3. Under "NOTIFICATION STYLE" select Messages

4. Under "OPTIONS" set "Show Previews" to Always (Default)

Update your phone to iOS 13.3.1

Why Do I Need to Keep Signing Into the Garmin Connect App on My Phone?

Garmin is aware of an issue where the Garmin Connect app requires you to sign in when you open the app on an Apple phone.  This can occur when:

• The phone is rebooted
  • The battery on the phone runs out of charge
  • Some reports of the issue randomly occurring

Apple has released a software update for your phone that corrects this issue. To download and install  OS 13.3.1, refer to the following Apple instructions: Update your iPhone, IPad, or iPod Touch

• The saga continues... the Connect app resets itself at least once per week and TODAY glitched out during my 17 mile run and only recorded the first 13.  GARMIN - wake up and get this fixed!!!!!

• Followed all the necessary steps according to this but still having issues! Phone keeps getting disconnected and app does not recognize the device! Weather updates for come to the watch face as it used to. Neither do the alerts even though it is set to show all alerts and location sharing is always on... product support is never free to chat! Overall Garmin is not being very helpful! 

• Here is my thoughts, I had/have this same problem for 6 months now since Apple updated the operating systems. I contacted Garmin, sent them copied data logs they asked for from my garmin connect, they sent me steps to do, they acknowledged the. It was a know problem. Nothing they told me to do fixes my phone not giving me alerts and losing Bluetooth connection. So I completely uninstalled the garmin connect from my laptop . I paired the watch and phone, deleted the garmin app from my phone (I saved the health data) , reinstalled laptop software and updated it, reinstalled the iOS app and updated it, set notifications to when using (garmin recommends always but I don’t use always for privacy) issues, paired the watch to phone, updated watch software connected to laptop) this fixed 99% of the problem, only one app ( Ring video door bell) delays alerts IF I don’t manually clear it from watch after each notification. Also, when I restart my iPhone, all missed alerts will push to watch at once, sometimes it will be 25-60 missed alerts. CLEAR THEM ALL AT PHONE RESTART) . Someday few restarts are needed to clear all the missed stored alerts. This will keep you watch paired and notifications coming from watch as it is supposed to do. I am very disappointed in the GArmin support I received as well as their lack of updating this thread . I ha e a Fenix5x Sapphire, I expect better service than this. I will be faced with a big decision when my next purchase comes up as I ha e all other garmin accessories like bike cadence heart rate strap etc. I do. It have time to fix things that I paid very good money to work. It took me weeks and many hours to figure out this work around and I hope this helps a few people out. So remember to uninstall everything, reinstall and update everything and restart your phone a few times after pairing then also every so often to clear the stored notifications that your watch didn’t except, my theory is that the missed notifications stacks up and fills the memory up in the cache. Good luck and stay on Garmin , we deserve better support than this. 

• Emailed the CEO and no response either. It just seems Garmin’s approach is to erect a wall of silence and ignore the issue.

• Great comments, Chris - I’ve called, posted, emailed and no material response.  I’ve now started tweeting my comments.  Maybe GARMIN will respond when prospective customers start to notice their inability to find a solution.

• the Connect app resets itself at least once per week and TODAY glitched out during my 17 mile run and only recorded the first 13

What Garmin device were you recording this run with? While the app should not be restarting itself, this occurring should have no impact on the run you recorded on a wearable device. Some additional information on this will help us out a lot. 

Completed an indoor ride on Zwift yesterday, it normally syncs automatically and it’s not working

This issue has been escalated and we are actively collecting information to help us find a permanent solution. 

I am not getting any text message alerts. I’ve done everything this site has said to do and still nothin

Could you please answer the below questions to help us find what's causing this issue?

1. Garmin device you are paired to/SW version installed
    2. iOS version installed
    3. Garmin Connect Mobile version
    4. screenshot of your notification settings like the image below (if you are okay with a screenshot from your phone of course)

• I see that iOS 13.3.1 fixed an issue where push notifications could fail over WiFi.  Here's hoping...  BTW the workaround for me to get notifications working on my Garmin device(s) has been to restart the phone, ever since iOS 13 came out several months ago.  Yeah, it's a first-world problem, but it would be great if notifications were reliable again!

• I have updated to 13.3.1 and since my watch continues to have issues with Syncing. Is there an app patch for connect coming soon, I have the fenix 5x

• I have not been able get into the Garmin Connect App for two weeks now, both before and after upgrade to the latest iOS point release of 13.3.1. (I thought this may fix it). All I get is the running man screen (attached) and it doesn’t transition into the app at all. I haven’t changed anything on my phone. Have tried to delete app and reinstall but that didn’t do anything. 

My most used app to track everything, so pretty frustrated right now. I’d appreciate some guidance please!

• My FR245 isnt detected by my ios13(both bluetooth are ON). ive tried to reinstall the app but still it wont connect. ive followed the instructions but still nothing shows up on the app. pls help