This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Advise to Update: Emergency Message will not be sent if user Registered in Garmin (ROW) - not China when the user is in China

I just get an email confirmation from Garmin China, if user regiestered on ROW (Rest of World) server, but not registered on China, Emergency Assistance will not trigger message to Emergency Contact. (--I am still not sure it cannot send message to a China Mobile Phone Number, or it cannot send to ANY phone number if users' Service Provide is China ISP, e.g. China Mobile, China Unicom, etc)

Post this as a note and I hope Garmin could make improvement to this and add note for China based user when they registeration, since this is vital to outdoor participants when s/he is facing emergenct situations while doing outdoor activities, his/her life might be saved.

Thanks.

• After verification by using my friend's Canadian phone number, in China, if user registered on ROW server, the message can be only sent to emergency contact with Canadian phone number.

Which means, if a user from Canadian, wants to join a play or activity, e.g. marathon in China, and want go get local help in case of emergency, s/he'd better find a reliable friend with Canadian phone number.

Forget the example, in a word:

I am not sure if this is between ROW or APAC only, or it is a "LOCAL" limitation, if it's Local limitation, it means, user can only have domestic emergency contact. If s/he join International activities, his/her safety will not in Garmin devices.

I believe it can be improved if this function can be updated by erase this limitation.