This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

incident message has been sent by the app, but not receive the SMS and email in emergency phone and inbox

520 plus

In China, use IPhone, register the account in "garmin.com" instead of "garmin.cn", since account in "garmin.cn" can not let me connect strava.

I add emergency contacts with China Mobile Phone number and with the "+86" prefix, and email is a icloud mail address, and the emergency contact email received the "Emergency Contact" response mail.

But the emergency contact's phone and email does not receive the incident message while the IPhone app notified me that the message has been sent.

• Hi,

Is this problem resolved?

I meet same problem on my Fenix 5x Plus. But I never connect the issue with where I registered. - I registered on Garmin.com as well.

Please let me know the status.

If the server of registration is the cause, let's strive to let Garmin fix this.

Are you using a China-based SIM Card?

Can you make sure the message is SENT? - Check your "message" in iOS and see is there any message related?

I used Runkeeper with similar function, I can see the text in "Message" after the Runkeeper told me the message has been sent.

But my current status, I cannot see any text in "Message" in iOS.

Hao

• Latest Update:

I just get an email confirmation from Garmin China, if user regiestered on ROW (Rest of World), but not registered on China, Emergency Assistance will not trigger message to Emergency Contact. (--I am still not sure it cannot send message to a China Mobile Phone Number, or it cannot send to ANY phone number if your Service Provide is China ISP, e.g. China Mobile, China Unicom, etc)

I've replied email to Garmin China and hope they could add note when users registration, since this is vital to Garmin User as s/he is participating in outdoor activities when facing emergent situation - although it happens very occassionally.

Hao