This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can’t connect to MyFitnessPal in Garmin connect

Hi,

Off and on I use Garmin Connect and MyFitnessPal to measure my calories and activities.

When I tried to re-establish their connection and sync abilities a couple of days ago, it won’t work anymore. How come?

Thru MFP=> apps tab then GC icon then push connect button. I get redirected to GC-page calories but no connection. When I give permission to use mfp date, it seems to connect. But stops in the proces.

Thru GC=> heath statistics => calories => I get redirected to mfp but no further activity.

I tried both on phone and pc, for days now, so help is appreciated.

Greets Joris

• I am having the same issue. I disconnected my accounts on the recommendation of MFP because the exercise data wasn't syncing properly. Now I cannot get the accounts to reconnect. GC seems to hang on "Just a minute. We're syncing your accounts." When I refresh, the "Connect to MyFitnessPal" button is back and process repeats. MFP support says this is a Garmin issue even though your Status Update page says the MFP connection is ONLINE.
  • I'm having this same issue. New owner of a Vivoactive3 Music. I migrated away from a Fitbit Surge. Fitbit and MFP never had any syncing issues. Still don't. My weight from Fitbit shwos up on MFP. So far I can't get any activity from GC to show on MFP, or sync my weight from MFP to GC. I wan't to use GC as my hub with calorie and weight data coming from MFP even though GC says MFP is connected.
  • Guys I had tried to connect and sync to MFP through the website Garmin Connect and not my mobile phone. The website Garmin Connect would never connect and sync to MFP. It always gave me the message " Trying to sync" or something to that effect. I just tried to connect through the mobile app... and it worked? Calories and weight from MFP now appear on Garmin Connect. I'll wait till tonight too see if my workout ( a 3.4 mile walk) sync's back to MFP. If that works I'll be a happy camper.
  • Hi there...for all the people not able to connect MFP to GC anymore, I had the same problem when I tried to unlink GC and MFP, then instead of doing the procedure on the phone, I logged to GC and when asked for the possibility of connect GC with MFP on heath statistics => calories => Connect to MFP, I noticed that after the first "click", an error appeared on the upper right part of my Chrome browser : it was the suppression of a further window in which GC asked another confirmation for the connections; once I allowed the popup windows from GC site on Chrome, the popup for confirmation finally appeared and the link between GC and MFP was now OK.
    Of course I have other problems, like GC is passing the correct amount of steps but MFP is not showing the calories burned for it, but that's another topic....
    Hope it helps..
    Andy
  • Hi there...for all the people not able to connect MFP to GC anymore, I had the same problem when I tried to unlink GC and MFP, then instead of doing the procedure on the phone, I logged to GC and when asked for the possibility of connect GC with MFP on heath statistics => calories => Connect to MFP, I noticed that after the first "click", an error appeared on the upper right part of my Chrome browser : it was the suppression of a further window in which GC asked another confirmation for the connections; once I allowed the popup windows from GC site on Chrome, the popup for confirmation finally appeared and the link between GC and MFP was now OK.
    Of course I have other problems, like GC is passing the correct amount of steps but MFP is not showing the calories burned for it, but that's another topic....
    Hope it helps..
    Andy

This was CRUCIAL information, it resolved my issue!
  • Just joined to say that Gazzavr's post was a big help....I also found that all of my browsers were blocking popups and there was indeed a secondary pop up after giving consent to Garmin to connect to MyFitnessPal.

Once I allowed all popups (on Firefox) and the specific site (on Safari), that secondary popup appeared without issue and the syncing happened as it should. Now synced today's weight...nothing in between the last day on the 10th apart from today though.

As above, mine stopped auto syncing on the 10th of April which may have been the day I updated my IOS on a beta and this may have reset some safari options I guess. Will see how long it continues until it delinks again...

Thanks again for the great posts and helping me solve this
  • Just did this and it finally worked!  Thank you!

• Correct, That was also my problem. You need to enable popup windows on connect.garmin.com

• Thanks! It helped, I disconnected and reconnected the accounts and they sync.