This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New "level" badges?

Former Member
Former Member
I did get a notification from GC today saying I had 4 new badges as of April 3rd. The badges varied from "photo badge" to "social media connect" and gave me an ability to level-up? Unfortunately after I clicked on the bagdes they dissapeared from GC. I did not take a screenshot so I can't show them.
I'm guessing that Garmin is rolling out some new badges.

Did anybody else get this notification?
  • AndyMillne, just about nothing in Garmin Connect is applied retrospectively. Processing that involve testing against particular criteria (personal record detection, rule-based assignment of default gear items, etc.) is typically only done at the time you sync/upload a particular piece of data to Garmin Connect.

At a guess, if you save the original FIT file for an old activity, then delete it from Garmin Connect, and then import the FIT file back into Garmin Connect, it will trigger the awarding of badges ‘retrospectively’ for activities that took place and were recorded prior to April 2018.

Actually, this deleting and re-uploading didn't work for me to get badges for old workouts, but produced a strange mistake: yesterday i got the badge for 2 activities on one day. after deleting an old activity (from may) and reuploading this one, yesterday's earned badge disappeared!
  • Yep, I edited the titles of a couple of vacation runs so I could identify them more easily and a few post-hoc badges showed up a little later. So if anybody can be bothered they could tweak all the titles of past activities and collect a load of badges. Perhaps then Garmin would also award a typing badge :).

They introduced the badges a couple of days after my birthday. I did an activity on my birthday for which there is a badge, but I didn't get it as the badges weren't current then. I renamed the activity with GC and then GCM but I still didn't get a badge. I guess I'll have to wait until next year for that one.

• Something weird with the badges.

I earned the 60-day Goal Getter. It says I earned it on 3 February 2018 (and I was around 160 days by that point and I'm sitting on 220 days today).

I haven't earned the 30-day Goal Getter and it says I am only 21 days in for that one.
  • Seems arbitrary whether you get awarded the badges or not. I've hit requirements since the 'go live' date and still not had the badge. Another half baked effort from Garmin I'd say :D
  • Last weekend I did a mountain bike race. All mountain bike rides default as a cycling ride when I sync my device and then I have to edit the activity. Thought I'd get the badge once I edited the event but unfortunately still have not. Also curious how to get the gravel ride badge.
  • I think you can get them by using one of the cycling units, where activities are directly pushed to connect with the right sub-category...
  • Actually, this deleting and re-uploading didn't work for me to get badges for old workouts,
    I'm not doubting your experience, but I must say it worked for me while experimenting last night to reply to another post.

(Yes, I checked that the badge was not awarded, prior to deleting the old activity record.)
  • ok cool - so it seems to depend on some other factors as well. thanks for the input.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    We are continuing to investigate reports of badges not being awarded. If you have an example of a badge that you didn't get, please see this thread for more information and what to post: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect/troubleshooting/1336247-garmin-connect-badges-not-being-awarded

Closing this thread to keep the discussion in one location.
  • Yes I have 401 points, Badge 5 but continue to win Challenges but no badges or points given. It shouldn't be THAT DIFFICULT FOR GARMIN TO EXTEND THIS BEYOND 5. We don't win anything, no prizes it doesn't cost them anything so is it an IT issue or what? Cubby