This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New "level" badges?

Former Member
Former Member
I did get a notification from GC today saying I had 4 new badges as of April 3rd. The badges varied from "photo badge" to "social media connect" and gave me an ability to level-up? Unfortunately after I clicked on the bagdes they dissapeared from GC. I did not take a screenshot so I can't show them.
I'm guessing that Garmin is rolling out some new badges.

Did anybody else get this notification?
  • mcalista, as shown in Sunboy_hun's screenshot,
    Vegyen részt egy kihívásban egy olyan felhasználóval, aki már rendelkezik ezzel a kit?z?vel, és kapja el a zombivírust.

or you can just look it up yourself in your preferred language (selected in your Garmin Connect account settings).

• So it looks like no badges for activities are awarded prior to April 3, 2018, although some of my existing account data earned badges (being connected to a social network and having a photo). It is odd that the years of accumulated data I have in GC won't count toward activity "levels" and I'm categorized a "Level 1" user, lol.
  • Yeah. However, I found out that, when you're editing some of your old activities, it looks like Connect adds some of the badges. I'm currently tied to the bed, so I updated my Connect profile and added some gear to past activities, that's how I found it out. Surprisingly, I received "Intensity" badges, but no badges for cyclig activities like 5mls and so on. Anyway.
  • Yeah. However, I found out that, when you're editing some of your old activities, it looks like Connect adds some of the badges. I'm currently tied to the bed, so I updated my Connect profile and added some gear to past activities, that's how I found it out. Surprisingly, I received "Intensity" badges, but no badges for cyclig activities like 5mls and so on. Anyway.

Yep, I edited the titles of a couple of vacation runs so I could identify them more easily and a few post-hoc badges showed up a little later. So if anybody can be bothered they could tweak all the titles of past activities and collect a load of badges. Perhaps then Garmin would also award a typing badge :).
  • Yes. I’m a fan of the new badges as they provide a lot more variety. It would be great if they would apply retroactively however.
  • AndyMillne, just about nothing in Garmin Connect is applied retrospectively. Processing that involve testing against particular criteria (personal record detection, rule-based assignment of default gear items, etc.) is typically only done at the time you sync/upload a particular piece of data to Garmin Connect.

At a guess, if you save the original FIT file for an old activity, then delete it from Garmin Connect, and then import the FIT file back into Garmin Connect, it will trigger the awarding of badges ‘retrospectively’ for activities that took place and were recorded prior to April 2018.
  • Are the “activity” badges only applicable if the activity is posted using a Garmin device? I am still rocking the Garmin Vivofit and it doesn’t have that capability. I simply post my activities using the Garmin connect app. If so, am I limited to only achieving badges related to steps and app features??
  • Has anyone gotten the "Thanks for Sharing" badge to work? I've tried sharing numerous activities to Facebook and via email.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Has anyone gotten the "Thanks for Sharing" badge to work? I've tried sharing numerous activities to Facebook and via email.

I did, I shared a run to Instagram and did get the badge within minutes.
  • I did, I shared a run to Instagram and did get the badge within minutes.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is something broken on my account, but I cannot get that badge to work. I've shared multiple activities to Facebook, Instagram, Google , and SMS and still no badge.