This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes not working properly

intensity minutes no longer classifies brisk walking as moderate exertion (it used to). Also does not pick up some runs as vigorous. Some days does not appear at all on daily dashboard.
  • Hi, I have a Fenix 3 HR
    I've also got a problem with IM's not registering. I've tracked it down to when I changed my activity class from 7 to 0 to try and have GC not double register as many calories as it does. Though it might be due to something else as well, I've started doing problems with the heat rate. It just doesn't track it properly usually the curve is correct but the average HR is more or less off, usually by about 20 BPM.
    ??????
    To me the IM isn't a huge problem as I export most statistics and calculate METs instead. But I've really liked having IM before as it can give some good pointers. The HR problem is a big one though and they seem to be connected.

Lately there have a lot of software updates and I've kind of seen some changes between the updates, so got me it might be the watch, but I just don't have a clue at the moment.
  • As of today, my intensity minutes have dropped significantly. I ride my bike to work every day. I get credited 140 minutes for this (70 minutes of intense training x2). Today i got credited 15 minutes on the way to my work and only 40 on my way back. What's happening here? Its the same commute everyday, and allthough I might be getting fitter, I checked my HR regularly and it was consistently over 140 BPM, so for my age thats intense... I do not record these trips as activities and I always got my minutes until today...

Also: for the past weeks my intensity minutes do not register while i am registering something with gps as an activity (for example bycicling or running)... why is this no longer adding up in the intensive minutes section all of a sudden?

Is this due to an update? Does anyone else experience a sudden drop in accredited minutes? Or better yet a way to fix this. I didn't change my activity class (maybe garmin did but it doesn't matter, even if i got promoted to higher activity class the biking is intense enough to be registered...
  • As of today, my intensity minutes have dropped significantly.

First post of the forums - I literally just noticed that as of 5/28, I have 0 activity minutes. Prior to that, my records are still there though. So I just wanted to verify you are not alone in this issue.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Does Garmin responded on these forums as I have similar issues

It records my walking and whether it is moderate or not, but when I go for a run it just records that I ran but does not credit me with any moderate or intense minutes

Device =vivofit 3
  • Can you guys tell me what values show up on your Garmin devices @ User Profile -> Heart Rate and PowerZones. Are them in correct sync with what you have on GC?
  • My cardio is damage, so i'm using cardio built-in with 735xt, and intensity minutes now working properly!
  • Heartrate about 80 ish at the moment just walking around the kitchen....activity class 6.....and intensity mins are climbing on the watch......this week I've earned 800 intensity mins for nothing....no training at all.....heartrate should be a sustained 140ish for 10mins for intensity mins to register.
    This has been a problem for years......with no solution from Garmin other than exchange my watch...
    Sometimes they work......sometimes they don't....I can find no useful pattern........reported multiple times.....with different watches.
    All four 5x's......a fenix 3hr.....and a vivoactive hr...
    just a problematic widget from the word go.
  • I've noticed that my intensity minutes is getting less than normal. I'm using bicycle to work, and normally I get around 60-70 intensity minutes one way, but recently I got only around 30-40 intensity minutes. I've checked my activity class, but it's not changed (still 4), but when I checked my Max Heart Rate in my Fenix 5, I saw that it's 185 now.
    I'm 52 years old and I just start cycling again last Oct. I think my Max Heart Rate setting before was around 160 (it should be 168 with the method of 220 minus age), but I didn't have a screenshot or anything to verify my old value.
    I did a few runs since last month and I think that's when the max heart rate setting was changed as I could see that the max heart rate in the report went up to 171 when I run.
    Since then my intensity minutes getting less than before. 6km walking with a lot of sweat, gave me 0 intensity minutes.
    What should be the correct Max Heart Rate for me now?
  • I have a garmin 510 edge that I use for bike rides. Normally I get data for the outdoors ride.
    Now I've started to ride indoors without GPS. but don't get any intense minutes in my day stats. Why is this?
    For example this activity doesn't show.
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3058300887?share_unique_id=2
  • What does affect Intensity Minutes?
    I did a pool swim class without HRM-Swim. Training effect and intensity minutes: zero!
    700m
    Time: 45:10
    Swim Time:23:47

Ok, HR is what measures the effort, but it would be good if there was some other metric calculation perhaps based on recent similar workouts/pace.
    Is this normal? Shouldn't at least be considered 23 minutes of moderate intensity?