Garmin Connect Not Showing As Source In Apple Health

Hi, I have searched around a bit and this seems to be a fairly common issue, but I can't find a solution...

When I go to Sources in Apple Health, Garmin Connect isn't listed there. I've tried restarting both apps and making sure Connect is running when I launch Health, but it's not in there. Am I doing something wrong?

I am considering buying a Fenix soon, but if I won't be able to sync to Apple Health then I would consider getting an Apple Watch instead...
  • What does it say when you check 3rd party apps in Garmin Connect app?

1. Launch GC
    2. Tap more in bottom right
    3. Scroll down and tap settings
    4. Tap 3rd Party Apps
    5. Tap Apple Health
  • What does it say when you check 3rd party apps in Garmin Connect app?

1. Launch GC
    2. Tap more in bottom right
    3. Scroll down and tap settings
    4. Tap 3rd Party Apps
    5. Tap Apple Health

It just says "Automatically make your data available in Apple health app." And then scroll right to another page where it says go to the Health app to change settings.

Do I need to do something here to enable it?
  • I'm also considering buying the new Fenix 5 when it's released but I'm running into the same issue. I have a iPhone 7+ running iOS 10.2 and Connect version 3.13.2.2.

I've uninstalled Connect, rebooted, reinstalled as well as the other combinations but Connect never shows up as an available source in Apple Health.

Garmin help?
  • Still no solution to this then? And I see that there are a few other threads about the same issue on this forum now.

Still considering buying a Fenix (3 or 5) in the next couple of months, but will definitely look elsewhere if this still hasn't been resolved.

Have also emailed Garmin support about the issue today, as I assume they don't read these forums. Will see what response I get.
  • Have also emailed Garmin support about the issue today, as I assume they don't read these forums. Will see what response I get.

Did you ever get a response? Thanks
  • Did you ever get a response? Thanks

Yes, of sorts. Their response was basically that it's an issue with the Apple Health app, and that Garmin don't provide support for issues with 3rd party apps.

A bit of a cop out from Garmin really. It's not as if Apple tweak their Health app to ensure that all the various 3rd party apps can provide data to it. It's the responsibility of the other apps to ensure that their own app can supply data to Apple Health, surely.
  • Yes, of sorts. Their response was basically that it's an issue with the Apple Health app, and that Garmin don't provide support for issues with 3rd party apps.

A bit of a cop out from Garmin really. It's not as if Apple tweak their Health app to ensure that all the various 3rd party apps can provide data to it. It's the responsibility of the other apps to ensure that their own app can supply data to Apple Health, surely.

Yes that is a bit of a ridiculous answer....
  • Still considering buying a Fenix (3 or 5) in the next couple of months, but will definitely look elsewhere if this still hasn't been resolved.

Yeah, thinking about buying a garmin forerunner, but would like to have this resolved first.
  • Bear in mind these posts go back some months. People are quick to seek resolution but very slow to post when resolved. I am not seeing a problem but I cannot speak for others of course.