This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import activity TO Garmin Connect FROM Apple Healthkit

I have recently got an apple watch, is it possible (and if so how?) to import health data (steps, runs, swims...) to Garmin connect?

I ask because data is drawn from my Garmin Connect account to my Coaches Training Platform (TrainXHale).

I have a 920xt which has been monitoring my steps until now.

[I know it is possible to import TO Apple Healthkit FROM Garmin Connect]

Thanks in advance.
  • If you go into the Health app on your phone you can select what data is sync'd from what app.

Swim data / run data from the Apple watch sadly will not go into Garmin - and I also don't find the Swim/ Run data to be as usefull as the stuff you get from Garmin - Peak Hr/ strokes / pace etc ( I have an Apple Watch just like you but don't use it for Running or Swimming for this very reason - Apple watch fab smart watch poor fitness watch OK fitness tracker )

You should be able to sync your steps from your Apple Watch to Garmin but I have yet to get this to work and I see loads of posts on this being an issue

So stick with your Garmin for all your training is my advice.
  • Thanks

If you go into the Health app on your phone you can select what data is sync'd from what app.

Swim data / run data from the Apple watch sadly will not go into Garmin - and I also don't find the Swim/ Run data to be as usefull as the stuff you get from Garmin - Peak Hr/ strokes / pace etc ( I have an Apple Watch just like you but don't use it for Running or Swimming for this very reason - Apple watch fab smart watch poor fitness watch OK fitness tracker )

You should be able to sync your steps from your Apple Watch to Garmin but I have yet to get this to work and I see loads of posts on this being an issue

So stick with your Garmin for all your training is my advice.

Thanks - I was pretty sure this would be the answer... I ask because now that I am wearing my Apple Watch everyday, I have forgotten my 920 a couple of times when I have travelled and use the Apple watch to record the run. If Apple want the watch to be taken seriously i the fitness arena, then they must work to integrate with the major fitness platforms... even if the data that it records is simple.

Thanks again for the response.
  • I found the best way is to use Runkeeper on my apple watch to record each run then tapiriik.com to synchronise with Garmin.

Apple do need to be more open as I haven't found a way to do anything with the Apple Watch workout app directly.
  • I believe this to be a Garmin issue. They don’t want to have bidirectional data. Which I think is crap.