This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect syncs but no new activity shows up!

I have three new activities saved on my watch that show up when scrolling through history. However, when I try to sync my 735XT and Garmin Connect app via bluetooth, the two devices go through the motion of syncing. Yet when the green "sync complete" bar pops up, the Garmin Connect app does not display any new activities.

I tried restarting 735XT, I tried starting my phone, I tried deleting Garmin Connect app and reinstalling, I tried syncing via USB cable through Garmin Express on my computer, I tried creating a new dummy activity and then syncing again (only the new activity showed up, but not the other three). Nothing works! This is starting to get really frustrating.

How do I get these activities to sync so they show up on my Garmin Connect, and not just my watch history??

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • Same Issues after latest IOS app update

I have the same issues. iPhone and EDGE810 say sync completed after the activity is finished. The activity shows up in "all activities" but not in "My Day" or "News Feed".

I have been using http://www.copymysports.com GarminSync for several years to upload new activities to Strava from Garmin Connect but it cannot find the new activities since the update. I was able to upload to strava by mounting the 810 on my computer and manually choosing the files to import into Strava.

I tried re-pairing, reinstalling, factory reset etc. No good. The new update is just broken!
  • Same issues

:mad:
    Having the same problems, too. My cycling activity from today will show up under the activity icon on the mobile app (even though it says "0 activities"). It doesn't show up on the News Feed or Leader Board, however.
    It's showing up on connect.garmin.com (and my Strava), but none of the data seems to apply to weekly totals or anything like that.
  • well i have about the same issue!! my activities from both my edge 1000 and my Fenix 3 is syncing okay and is showing in garmin connect and also if i look under the all activities tab in mobile app BUT the snapshot with the daily view doesnt show any activities it just stay at zero
  • And it's fixed for Android and Felix 3 HR!
  • Not fixed for Garmin Edge 520

Still having the same issue. I get "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect".
    Activities still make it through to Training Peaks and Strava.
  • Garmin Connect = Very Buggy

This is not a new system so it is disturbing how buggy it is.

Activities may or may not sync with Garmin Connect.

Segments are often slow (multiple days) to display

Segment times, seemingly correctly calculated, may or may not show up on the leader board.

Segment times displayed on the leader board may or may not be my fastest times. (Thus begging the question, what is the point of the leader board?) And, if I can't trust it to display my best times, how can I know it is showing other people's best times?

Courses, may or may not upload to the portable device.

Sometimes the portable device loses satellite connection. When this happens it logs my position as 0.00 lat, 0.00 lon (The Greenwich, Uk, meridian at the equator!) Thus my calculated speed goes to infinity and there is no way to clean/correct the error.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Having the same issue with Vivosmart HR +. Sync shows up alright but no data is displayed in Garmin Connect app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 or on the Garmin connect website. No way I can recommend this product. No way I am going to manually upload every activity myself.
    Is there no service person from Garmin following these threads?
  • I agree. I have liked my watch (Forerunner 225) when it has worked. But I have had problems from day 1. My computer recognizes it only after ten to twenty tries. Then, syncs are often partial and end up breaking my workout routine as I become frustrated and unable to track my activities, rather than helping. Today, the issue everyone else seems to be having: no sync, activities have disappeared, in a month my running was finally getting back on track. Now I have missed my run because of trying to deal with my Garmin.