This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect syncs but no new activity shows up!

I have three new activities saved on my watch that show up when scrolling through history. However, when I try to sync my 735XT and Garmin Connect app via bluetooth, the two devices go through the motion of syncing. Yet when the green "sync complete" bar pops up, the Garmin Connect app does not display any new activities.

I tried restarting 735XT, I tried starting my phone, I tried deleting Garmin Connect app and reinstalling, I tried syncing via USB cable through Garmin Express on my computer, I tried creating a new dummy activity and then syncing again (only the new activity showed up, but not the other three). Nothing works! This is starting to get really frustrating.

How do I get these activities to sync so they show up on my Garmin Connect, and not just my watch history??

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • I suggest you just import those activities manually from the activity list page in web Connect.
  • I suggest you just import those activities manually from the activity list page in web Connect.

Having the exact same problem with my Garmin 520. No offense, but after buying this new device for the convenience of the Bluetooth upload feature this doesn't sound like a good solution.
  • No, it's not a good permanent solution but rather than lose a lot of time trying to debug, it's easier to just import and move on for now.

It seems like there are quite a few posts these days similar to this issue so I have to believe the problem is Garmin's.

Until they sort it out, it's a workaround.

i can't do either. the manually exported files will not import either.

The Garmin Connect software has never worked consistently.
  • Same thing here! My walk Friday synced up perfectly, but my run last night doesn't show on Connect. Aggrivating!:mad:
  • Got the same issue with Fenix 3.

Found my activities in "All activities".
    Have you tried to check it but not "Run" or "Walk" and so on?

It made me sick and I've made a reset to factory settings. And reinstalled the IOs app. And even deleted and reattached my Fenix 3 to Connect account.
    Somehow it helped.

Before that I tried to reinstall the app alone - did not help.
  • Same problem with Vivasmart HR and connect!

I can pair my VSHR to my iPhone and it says that it syncs but all of the data is empty. Also, in the top left corner it says “Last Sync” 09/08/2016 which is yesterday. This problem started this morning but while trying to sort it out this afternoon I updated the software on the VSHR to 3.40 and it didn’t change anything. I admit that last night I was making some changes to the VSHR/Connect and I tried to set up Garmin Express on my Mac. Garmin express never even worked. I have made sure that the times/dates etc are set up correctly. This is really frustrating!
  • Sounds like no one has found a good permanent solution? :/

My attempt to manually upload the file to Garmin Connect did not work. After selecting the file through the little file browse window, I just get an error screen.

The only workaround for this problem I managed to find was to manually upload the file to Strava's web platform. So the total mileage is there, the pace is there, but there is no GPS data. So, no maps or elevation profiles, etc. Not ideal, but at least you can log your total training mileage still if you're using Strava...
  • Sync problems

I am having the same problems as stated in this thread. My problems just started recently. Maybe some bugs in a Garmin Connect update. Spent about 1 hour pairing and re-pairing devices and phone. Garmin connect says it is syncing with my Edge 1000 but no data is found. I uploaded the activity manually and it synced w Garmin Connect.
    Here is how I did it:
    1) on device (garmin Edge) main page tap history
    2) Then chose activity (RIDES in my case)
    3) Choose the ride to ride
    4) next screen has SUMMARY at top, click on symbol at bottom right of screen
    5) Several options appear. Choose UPLOAD
    6) It worked for me hopefully it will work for you

Rick D
  • Ride is uploading to Strava and Training Peaks but not showing up in Garmin Connect

Similar issues being seen here. I have Garmin Connect setup to send to Strava and Training Peaks, and that works fine. However, although the data is passing through Garmin Connect, the ride itself is not shown in activities in Garmin Connect. This is being observed after the 7.1 firmware upgrade to my Edge 520.

I cannot manually upload the .FIT file either. The progress indicator just spins. If I try to upload an old file then it says the file is already uploaded so something appears to be stuck somewhere.

Using Garmin Express I get "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect". This is even though the activity went from the Edge 520 through to Training Peaks and Strava (via Garmin Connect).