This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[FEATURE] Displaying calendar notes

Actually, I've found now way to get my daily notes displayed on the mobile app.

Any suggestions or solutions? Otherwise, this thread is a feature request :o

cheers
  • Agreed

I can't figure out how to do it either, so I'm assuming it's not currently a feature, at least on the iOS app.

I'm sure the garmin folks have a lot on their plates, but this would make a handy addition!
  • Workaround

I found a workaround, though it isn't perfect by any means. If you publish the garmin calendar and subscribe with the iOS/macOS calendar, you'll get the notes there. When you publish, it actually says notes won't show, but it seems to only mean workout notes. Standalone notes do show up.
  • Cant believe this is still not implemented into the app. Used the workaround above; but really - this should just be implemented into the connect app and/or things like 'cross training' and 'yoga' from training plans should be actual exercises/workouts as opposed to 'notes'.
  • I agree. I've sent in requests about this feature as well. It's frustrating that you may have to log in to the web version to check your calendar for the day. Lately, I haven't even been getting the notes in my calendar subscription.
  • I'd like to bump this back to the top - i have run into the same issue when trying to view my workouts from a 10k plan on the Garmin Connect web app. Just to lay out how inconsistent this is across the different methods of viewing your workouts:

- All workouts show if you go to connect.garmin.com/calendar, however swimming and cross training are not showing as activities, instead being shown as "notes"

- Only the workouts which are activities as mentioned above show in the mobile app (on both iOS and Android) and as far as i can see there is NO way to see the notes for the optional or non-workout entries

- Using the workaround mentioned below to publish it and sync with my Google account, this displays all workouts including swimming/cross training, but detailed information about what to do during them for the long run/intervals etc is not included (time/distance/intervals) so you have to refer back to the app or through a web browser

- Only the activities which are intervals/long runs etc are able to be started from my watch and in order to do so i have to go through run>training calendar. Nothing shows up in the Calendar widget of my Fenix 5S Plus.

There must be a better way for this to be set up so the optional activities are activities you can start, they actually show up in the mobile app calendar at all, and workout information for activities already showing is visible in the calendar when it is published and viewed through GMail/another calendar app.

• Totally agree.  It's a pain that the cross train days and other such notes don't show up at all on the calendar.  So I have to log in online to check and that defeats the whole purpose of the app.

• I agree. Same for me on FR645m. I would like to go to one place on my watch for all planned training plan exercises. Cross training, yoga & rest/optional activities are only notes in Garmin Connect calendar and do not appear to show on my watch. This make the training plans less useful as I have to look in multiple places. 

• Same here... Especially annoying when the mobile app doesn't show the crosstraining or biketrainings since these are only available in web agenda and not in the app.Can't believe that this would be very hard to develop...

• What is going on Garmin? This question has been circulating for years as seen here. This is so simple. The calendar in the mobile app should be able to display all information fro:the calendar on the web site. Just do it already. 

• What is going on Garmin?

It is unlikely that Garmin will see your post on the iOS forum as this is more of a user-to-user help forum. Although they respond more on the device sub-forums. I suggest either submitting your request using the Share Ideas site and/or opening a case with Garmin Support