This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect Mobile 3.5 for iOS crashing

Former Member
Former Member
Updated app on iPhone 6 yesterday, keeps crashing ever since. Fenix 3 HR almost never completes sync, app crashes when trying to sync or even if just left open doing nothing. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Same here

Same here. Got the Fenix 3 HR and downloaded the Garmin Connect app onto iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1. Sync was fine for 24 hours, then Weather widget stopped updating, then app crashes a few seconds after trying to open. Did soft reset of phone, unpaired then repaired, deleted the app then reinstalled. Nothing helped. I've deleted the app for now and I guess will have to wait for a fix before trying the app again.

Updated app on iPhone 6 yesterday, keeps crashing ever since. Fenix 3 HR almost never completes sync, app crashes when trying to sync or even if just left open doing nothing. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Same. Crashing 100% of the time after update.
  • Okay after updating to iOS 9.3.1

I un-paired the Fenix 3 HR and iPhone 6, then deleted the app. I then updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.3.1 (it was running iOS 9.1 I believe), and also installed Garmin Express to set up Wifi connect on the Fenix 3 HR and also ensure the firmware was updated (it was version 2.2 on the F3 HR).

I reinstalled the app, re-paired the devices after the above, and the app seems to be working fine for now (for around 24 hours anyway) ...
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Seems to be working now

Perhaps I had done something wrong, I went to pair the device from iOS bluetooth settings and then opened the app to complete the pairing. I deleted the app and forgot the device in bluetooth settings on iOS, then reinstalled the app and did the pairing without opening bluetooth settings in iOS at all, and it now seems to be working fine every time.
  • Former Member
    Same here. Got the Fenix 3 HR and downloaded the Garmin Connect app onto iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1. Sync was fine for 24 hours, then Weather widget stopped updating, then app crashes a few seconds after trying to open. Did soft reset of phone, unpaired then repaired, deleted the app then reinstalled. Nothing helped. I've deleted the app for now and I guess will have to wait for a fix before trying the app again.

When you pair, did you pair through the bluetooth settings in iOS and through the Garmin app? I think pairing through the bluetooth settings seems to have messed things up. After deleting the app and forgetting the device in iOS BT settings, I put the F3 in pairing mode and only paired through the app and that seems to have fixed the problem.
  • Don't pair through the Bluetooth settings. The correct way to pair is through Garmin Connect mobile directly.

If you have paired through Bluetooth, as noted below, remove it from the app, forget it in the Bluetooth settings, then re-pair from within the app only.

No problems here with the latest GCM update which I put on yesterday and uploaded an activity today.
  • Former Member
    Seems it is Apple Health integration that is the problem

Ater pairing through the app, it was working fine for a while until I got the prompt from Apple Health. As soon as I enabled Apple Health for everything, it started crashing again. I went to Apple Health and disabled Connect as a source for everything, and it is back to normal.
  • Don't think you can blame Apple Health. I have both an apple watch and my 920 (going through GCM) going to Apple Health and no crashing. Try a full reboot of your iPhone - Press and hold the home button and the power button until the Apple logo appears.
  • Ater pairing through the app, it was working fine for a while until I got the prompt from Apple Health. As soon as I enabled Apple Health for everything, it started crashing again. I went to Apple Health and disabled Connect as a source for everything, and it is back to normal.

I fixed it using the advice in this thread but as soon as i enabled integration to apple health it started crashing

except its not with all the apple health fields. i let the app write only the red fields and read nothing and its no longer crashing