This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Health app not syncing correctly

Hi All,
I'm having an issue with the health app and my steps taken in Garmin connect. An example is the health showed 14k steps, in contrast to my Fenix 3 which displayed 18k steps. Is there a way to have the health app reflect the steps from the Garmin?
John
  • RunGap

Hopefully Garmin will fix this eventually, but I found a way around the cal/kcal problem in the meantime. RunGap will import workout data from Garmin into Health accurately. It's a manual step, but it gets the job done and your activity counts towards your rings.

You can get RunGap on the App Store, and there's more info here: http://www.rungap.com/

Make sure you go into the Health app and disable Garmin's ability to write Workout and Active Energy data (and Strava as well if you use it), as RunGap won't sync if it sees another workout with the exact same start time. Hope this helps!
  • Active calories

Active Energy send to Health is correct for me.
    Maybe device dependent what is send, using VSHR.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Active Energy send to Health is correct for me.
    Maybe device dependent what is send, using VSHR.

This isn't about Active Energy. It's about Workouts.
  • Moulds brookhaven

Posted in the other thread too, but the HealthKit calorie issue has been fixed with the 3.15 iOS release of Garmin Connect. Woohoo!
  • I didn't wear my 735XT since the update but: Did anybody find out whether steps are now synchronized continuously to Health Kit as opposed to around midnight?
  • ...and to answer my own question: No real-time sync of steps to Apple Health *sigh*. I wonder if Garmin will ever fix that...
  • Unfortunately for me, it doesn't write any data except "workout", i.e. how long the workout is. Other than this, no data, including steps, energy, flight climbed are not updated at all on my Apple Health app. Really disappointing.
  • ...and to answer my own question: No real-time sync of steps to Apple Health *sigh*. I wonder if Garmin will ever fix that...

How frustrating. I am just running into this for the first time. I just started trying to link everything I use through Apple Healthkit. Literally every other app I use, even smalltime free fitness weight-monitoring apps, work.

Garmin Connect just seems to update.. here and there, completely at random. Sleep seems to essentially not upload or in the wrong amount. Steps update whereever they feel, but by the next day the previous day will be correct it seems.

This is all with a Garmin Fenix3... soooo glad I bought this crazy expensive fitness watch that can't connect with Apple! /s
  • This may be OBE but ...

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread please not the following quote from the Garmin support site:

"Please note that, at this time, data is shared with Apple HealthKit while the Connect Mobile app is in the foreground. If the app is closed or sent to the background, the transfer of data to Apple HealthKit will not complete until a successful sync with the device while the Connect Mobile app is open"

I had noticed that my Garmin device steps and other data were no longer feeding into Apple Health. This broke around April 5 2017 for me. The above solution worked for me.
  • I am having the issue that weight data is not sent to apple health app, my Garmin index scale is connected through WiFi . Is that the reason that data is not sent to apple health??