This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to transfer steps data FROM Apple Health TO Garmin Connect

Does anyone know if this is configurable? I am not interested in data transfer in the opposite direction (that is from Garmin Connect to Apple Health) because I am using Apple watch to count my steps and want this data to be available in Garmin Connect.
  • Does anyone know if this is configurable? I am not interested in data transfer in the opposite direction (that is from Garmin Connect to Apple Health) because I am using Apple watch to count my steps and want this data to be available in Garmin Connect.

The only way to get steps into garmin connect, is to have them synced from a garmin watch. No manual entry of steps, or sync from other vendor's sites is possible,
  • Too bad!!

Too bad. Can´t get my step counts from Apple watch into Garmin Connect. Even Apple (and Fitbit) allows other apps to write to Health Kit, seems as Garmin is even more protective than Apple.
  • This is a big disappointment. I prefer my Forerunner 935 for swimming, biking and running, but the Apple watch is a much better 'smart watch' for day to day use. This decision by Garmin to not accept step data from the Apple watch is only pushing me towards using Apple Health instead of Garmin Connect. 

• I agree totally. I love the connect app display but I just got the Apple Watch and it is superior. I guess if I can’t sync my Apple to connect I going to use Apple a Health.

• that is the reason becuase I returned the Garmin Fenix 6 and stay with apple watch in health, I'll find other tool to give what Garmin Connect does. A pity something so basic like moving data from/to is restricted in Garmin

• It is sad that Garmin will not allow data to be read FROM Healthkit, only the oneway push. I prefer my Fenix and Edge devices as my sporting workhorses, I do not like Apple Watch for these since battery life is doo doo on them and Garmin has been doing this for years! Apple Watch is more of a fashion fitness watch. I would even be happy if we could just manually input the stats such as steps, sleep, etc. Don't worry Garmin, you are not going to lose customers, Connect displays data better than looking at my iPhone to view Health data, that is where Apple is messing up. So why don't you play nice and allow data to be pulled?

• I agree with you! If Garmin will support input (steps and so on..) from other sources, they will not lost customers. They will get NEW customers!!!

• Oh, I'm so happy to manually re-enter my weight in GC even though is already available in Apple Health Slight smile 

• Totally agree with this. What can be done about it??

• I just bought my forerunner 45 just to realized that my steps from Apple phone are not uploaded. I’m crying!!!! Very disappointed garmin.