This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting my current weight from Health App (healthkit)

I manual enter my weight into FitBit and have it write that into the Health App (healthkit). I want Garmin to get that weight so I don't have to manually enter it into Garmin Connect.
  • GC Mobile doesn't read weight from healthkit.

Log a suggestion maybe? http://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/
  • Yeah it does. You just need to make sure that after you entered the value in Health, to open the Garmin app. That's basically a necessity for everything related to Health syncing, it DOESN'T happen automatically.
  • Yeah it does. You just need to make sure that after you entered the value in Health, to open the Garmin app. That's basically a necessity for everything related to Health syncing, it DOESN'T happen automatically.

It's not asking iOS for permission to that health information, so iOS isn't going to let it access the information.

Other apps, such as Wahoo Fitness, have asked for permission to the information, so Health will allow access if permission is granted.
  • Last date I entered into Garmin was Dec 9

I enter a new weight today - 13 Dec - into Health app

Garmin still shows the latest date as 9 Dec - sliding over to 10,11,12,13 shows the same weight as Dec 9 [even though health has a weight for each of those days - each day a different weight]

The health app has no place to give permission for Garmin to read the weight
  • It's not asking iOS for permission to that health information, so iOS isn't going to let it access the information.

Other apps, such as Wahoo Fitness, have asked for permission to the information, so Health will allow access if permission is granted.

You're correct, my mistake. I forgot I use myFitnessPal on my phone, which does read from Health and have Garmin <-> myFitnessPal webservice connection active. So Garmin Connect gets the weight from myFitnessPal, who gets from Health.

So if you wan't to get Health weight -> Garmin, here's how ;]
  • Well that's a workaround for me. I type my weight in FitBit and that syncs directly to MyFitnessPal. I use a 3rd part app "Sync Solver" that feeds FitBit data [including steps] to Health. Evidently Apple is not being nice to FitBit.

I just allowed Garmin to connect to MFP and it works - but only for today - not for recent days.
  • I just allowed Garmin to connect to MFP and it works - but only for today - not for recent days.

Yeah, from now on it will sync to Garmin though. But I've read only once per day, since that's the amount Garmin Connect permits. Although I don't see the benefit of weighing yourself multiple times daily, even every day is overkill, since the weight fluctuates too much. Once or twice per week is fine to check up on the delta compared to previous weight. And if fat % isn't measured with it with calipers or even impedance scale, tracking weight is useless.
  • I may weigh more than once per day, but I only log one value. I usually use the first thing in the morning, but if it's higher than expected [possibly from water retention] I wait for a drop around noon and use that instead.

I log all my weights into an app that uses an exponential averaging to remove bumps and that has more value than the weight graphs that Garmin, MFP and FitBit provide.
  • Well that's a workaround for me. I type my weight in FitBit and that syncs directly to MyFitnessPal

So, why not just sync Garmin to MFP? That's exactly how I got weight from a withings scale into Garmin. Withings was linked to MFP and MFP linked to Garmin. That connection doesn't do history, just new stuff, so just keep them connected.
  • Garmin connect to automatically synchronise and read weight from Apple Health app. This is preventing me from purchasing the Fenix 6 - I’m not spending that kind of money unless this basic function is sorted.