Question for Beta Test participants

To those who participated in the Connect Beta test: what was your feedback to Garmin?

I took part in the beta for as long as I could stand it (less than two days) and sent in what I hoped was constructive feedback. My thoughts mirrored the prevailing themes of the recent posts here: I couldn't find anything that was an improvement. Everything I care about seeing was harder to find, harder to read, and the app was less useful overall.

What did everyone else send in for feedback? I'm curious to see if they actually listen to beta testers, or if this was a boardroom decision completely disconnected from the end users.

• Switched back almost immediately and wrote that the UI was horrible. 

• I was on beta early in January this year (I believe). Initially, the app was very sparse, especially the at-a-glance options. I gave some feedback that increasing the stats available would be helpful. Eventually went from ~12 stats to 30 by the time the product was in production. My guess is that much of the feedback was tossed if it wasn't constructive. Things like "this sucks," "I hate it," etc. probably just got discarded.

I stuck with beta throughout until it was suddenly no longer beta. I'm used to the new environment. Not going to say I love it, but I'm coping. However, there should have been a way to toggle off/on classic mode even after the official update. Apparently, a lot of us were shocked when it went live.

• Yes, I was a beta tester and my feedback was: the tiles are too much for the main menu and I miss a tabular view. 

• Once Garmin had the plan for a new Connect look I don't believe they were looking for suggestions on changes.

They were locked in.

The Beta Test was simply to test what they had changed, looking for bugs. I personally don't see any company asking for Beta testers and then making changes so far along in the developent stream. They would be making changes for years and years.

But personally I feel the time and effort should have gone into correcting the problems with the Watches and Edge devices that users have been making suggestions and compalints about for many months/years.

Years ago when Garmin got rid of Training Center and started Connect Modern and then updates not so long ago again. They ARE NOT going to retreat, not their style. So live with the changes or go somewhere else.

• Told them the same I'm saying now: less data, less customization, bad design for a landscape desktop view, illogical to mirror the same layout on desktop as on a phone, wasted empty space in the phone design. And told them what they could improve in the usability of the app (not the design).

I ignored the question "what are you missing in focus?" because I assumed in my naivety that when it's done, the minimum will be that all widgets we used to have will also be available at the end of the beta. And it probably would not have mattered if I had listed everything that was removed.

• Tried it for about 2 days and let them know how useless it was.  I never thought we'd be forced to use it.

• I was in the program 4 separate times, each time I left I gave feedback that echos all of what you are seeing in the forums here. Seems like it did not make a difference. 

• I was in beta, I didn't like at first and I even sent a negative feedback. 

But now I like it! After customizing the screens to my likings it became nice!

• I told them it was terrible too.  Very disappointing for this company. I would like an explanation from senior management on how this happened. 

• I tried it and almost immediately reverted to the "original" .  It was so overwhelmingly bad, that I couldn't begin to assemble constructive feedback.  Where are replies from testers who liked It?