New Garmin connect mobile updated home page is awful

I cannot believe how bad the new Garmin connect home page is. Why remove the ease of viewing my day with one glance of the app?. Now have to scroll through the page to see all the info that was contained in my day section.  On top of that, the user has no ability to bring back the old display or edit it to something similar. This new update is so annoying I suspect my next smart watch won't be a Garmin.

If this home page stays as is, I will no longer be a Garmin user for ANY of their products.

Update to moderator.   Nothing in my original post was "uncivil".  Why do you keep censoring my comments?  

Ray

• Yeah they closed the thread I was getting notifications on. I moved to wahoo and am letting my garmin830 collect dust. 

• What are Wahoo like?  I was about to get a new Garmin Edge until this Garmin Connect Disaster. I have an old Edge 405, doesn't use Connect, but its a bit of a pain to setup, and even uses the ancient USB mini for charging.  Was just looking in the IoS App store, its headed with two 4 star reviews FROM 4 YEARS AGO ha ah...sort by most recent and its still predominantly one star.  Very puzzling why Garmin doesn't backtrack, I'd really like to know why?

• DCRainmaker has detailed reviews of Wahoo devices and IIRC comparisons to Garmin and other devices.

I just bought an Edge 840. The setup is much easier compared to former times. Took maybe 15min and everything was there incl sensors and activity profiles. Only IQ datafields need to be re-installed.

If you don‘t use Connect the change should‘t be a concern.

• When they changed Garmin connect to that really bad (cumbersome, less info, 8tile max, etc) layout, I uninstalled, reverted to an old version and turned off autoupdates.  Yez, it was that bad.

I am wondering if they ever fixed it.  Did they ever create an option to use the old layout method?

• I'm in complete agreement with OP and the lack of Garmin staff even replying or acknowledging the above it very telling.  This new design breaks all rules of GUI Design 101.  More clicks/scrolls and more empty screen space to name a few of the most obvious...  I will most likely be migrating to Gadgetbridge/Strava/Goldencheatah for my fitness/health data needs.  I have been patient for several months, hoping they would finally listen to their most loyal users, but my patience has nearly run out.  If Garmin doesn't value our opinion, then I will withhold my $$, health data, and attention (eyeballs) from them.

• I just could not warm up to the new version of connect. Stopped using it during work outs. So my Epix is now used for golf and a daily watch. I agree Garmin has remained silent on this topic. So in my opinion my epix lost 50% of what I used it for. Sure would be nice to be able to go back with IOS.