From Garmin Fanboy to Garmin Hater in one horrible update

I used to praise Garmin's Forerunner watch.  I told everyone I knew how amazing it was and showed off the Garmin Connect app every chance I got.  I purchased two Garmin Forerunners for my kids recently, but I will be returning them.  I was planning on buying a Garmin weight scale to automatically enter my weights every day, but not anymore.  Garmin has completely lost all my respect with this absolutely dreadful update to the home screen.  I can't fathom how anyone at Garmin thought this interface was better than what we had before.

The previous version had COLOR and PERSONALITY.  Things were easily readable at a glance, and it was easy to customize things how you like them.  Things were in rows which were very easy to parse visually.  Now these new widgets take up way more of the screen, which requires more scrolling.  There's tons of wasted space, and overall it's just harder to read and use.  I couldn't even figure out how to rearrange the widgets until I read a forum post that explained it.

I'm extremely disappointed and I will no longer be recommending Garmin fitness products unless this home screen overhaul is scrapped and we get the old version back.

• After almost 15 years of Garmin watches I upgraded to a epix 2 pro sapphire. @Garmin and I feel cheated. The purchase leaves a sour feeling for me. The frontpage used to be my go to location to check all my stats AT A GLANCE. See how I am doing. Check my sleep and stress. Check the weekly stats AVG. I am a numbers guy. Now, it's just useless things, I needed more clicks. Why? let me scroll through my stats. Do not hide stuff from me.

Honestly, I am saddened by this decision.

• I thought it was silly at first to consider switching brands on an update, but it really is this bad...I too was looking at buying the Scale, but really, why would I invest in a company that ignored all their beta testers complaints and foisted this unusable junk on us, and now has gone silent on the matter

• I beta tested this for 3 days, went back to the old and wrote feedback. Saying this update is horrendous. Who needs those huge tiles and horizontal and vertical scroll? I just want a list and data. How do I get the old screen back?? I have not seen a single positive comment on the web. If Garmin truly cares about its customers they realize this was a mistake and they roll it back. 

• Dreadful update. I want to track sleep over a period of time ASI WAS DOING but I can't. Time for a new watch.

• One would think Garmin would learn and fix the massive mistake.