This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Forerunner 55 won't connect to my phone no matter what I try

When changing phones (yes, I removed the watch from the old phone and turned off the old phone), my Forerunner 55 does not connect with my phone. The app is able to detect my watch and initiate paring (asking android to connect with watch, asking for code, and connecting with watch) but after that, the app says, "Paring Failed". I have tried rebooting the watch and phone, factory resetting both the app and watch, and reinstalling the app. Nothing I have done has worked.

• I succeeded to install Connect version 4.74.1, iI downloaded it form the second source. But now again the pairing failed. .. !

• I do not know your situation. Did Garmin Connect work for you before version 4.75? Installing 4.74.1 was the solution for me because Garmin Connect worked until they released 4.75. If it is the same for you, it should be possible to make Garmin Connect work via version 4.74.1 again. Otherwise it is of course possible that your issue is caused by something else.

• About my situation: I use Garmin Connect on my Samsung A22 with my Forerunner since october 2023. I do not know the version, I downloaded it from the Playstore. Last tuesday my phone was stolen. So Fryday (after searching without success) I bought a new one (now A25) and Installed Connect (4.7.5) on it, but it did not pair with my Forerunner. 

• Sorry about this. Then of course your issue may have a completely different cause because you never had a working version of Garmin Connect on your new phone. You could of course try an even older Connect version, but probably you won't get a better result. I am actually using a tablet with a fairly old Android version. It is unfortunately not uncommon that companies suddenly release new versions and do not care that much if it is not compatible with older hardware and software anymore. You might even have the opposite problem. Samsung A25 seems to be very new. Perhaps it is too new and the developers have not made sure yet that Garmin Connects works there. Then there is hope that a future Connect version might work. But I am just guessing and I am not an expert.

• Grasping at straws... did you clear all caches?

• That's why this looks like a Fitbit disaster. There should be a formal announcement.  I suspect the problem is with tablets running android 13 and 14.

• How can I clear a cache on a mobile phone. I know how to do it on a desktop, but about how to do it on a phone i don't know better than: deleting the app, stopping the watch, restarting the phone, re-install the app and restarting the phone. Ik did this three times the last two days. Is this enough or must I do more?

• Normally on a phone the sequence is Settings...Apps...click on the particular app...storage...cache...clear cache. The clear cache button is sometimes under storage and there isn't a particular cache button. Thus is android of course.

• So I fixed my problem but I would like to share my solution with other people with the same problem. I installed an earlier version of garmin connect from apkbog.com/.../4.74.1 and after going through the process of beginning the setup, it successfully went to the end of the progress bar.

• This seems to be the only viable solution.