how to disable Auto nap tracking please

New user, Venu3 detected a nap today when I was wide awake, not even sitting very still? I never nap.

I got the watch to closly monitor my sleep quality as I have a health condition, I do not want inaccurately added naps to change my stats, how do I stop auto naps?

• I do not want inaccurately added naps to change my stat

Inaccurately added naps won't change any stats, since the fitness & health metrics is not based on them. It is based on the HR, HRV, and on derived metrics (stress, breathing rate, etc.), regardless whether the time is recorded as a nap or not.

how do I stop auto naps?

Currently there is no such option, but you could either activate the Battery Saver, disabling so the HR sensor needed for the detection, or you could start (and even pause/resume later) an activity. When activity is in progress (even when paused), sleep detection is disabled.

• trux it does change things for me though, I have a health condition that hugely affects my sleep, the watch works out percentages based on the amount and quality of sleep. If it adds in naps every time I am sitting still waiting on medication digesting (that causes strong nausea if I move around right after taking) it is going to judge I got more rest than I actually did, thats why I wanted to find out if I could avoid that one thing.  

• I hope they allow us to turn it off. I have a very low heart rate sometimes during the day, first day with the new watch and it detected two 25 minute naps while i was working. 

• When there is a period of inactivity (like watching a movie) my Garmin logs it as sleep. In effect, completely ruining all of my other metrics. I have to go in and manually change my sleep time. I’m trying to figure out how to disable this feature as well. Not everyone takes naps so I’m not sure why Garmin would add this as a feature and not let you turn it off. 

• The main reason I got this watch was to track sleep.

• Right! If I wanted a watch with crummy metrics then I would have purchased any other watch on the market. Garmin just needs to buy out Woop and we would have the *perfect* watch for athletes.

• This is so frustrating, I'm constantly having my recommend sleep stats and my recovery stats changes due to the naps it thinks I've taken

We need to be able turn this off ASAP as it's making other stuff inaccurate 

• Same here (Forerunner 955 and Epix Pro). Very very frustrating. The faulty naps which mess up the recovery stats etc can be deleted now in Sleep Coach, but after deletion the stats don't change back to the values before the nap. One of the many very annoying problems. The naps are still visible in the watch and the Body Battery for example. 

The UI change today makes the mess complete. Training Readiness increased because of the faulty naps. But after a workout the value didn't change. Tapping the glance shows the TR value of this morning. The TR value in the watch is the right one. So three different Training Readiness values... Not happy with Garmin at the moment!

And I'm not even talking about the different values on the two watches because the nap syncing is not right. What a joke....

• Yep it's a *** show

I can't even seem to delete them just change them to a minute long

Just seen it thought I had two today Upside down 

• You can delete the nap by sliding it to the left in the Connect app. It took me a while too the find out how to delete it in the Sleep Coach. On the Garmin Connect site you can actually click delete.