This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to filter/limit notifications from phone to watch

Hello there,

I just purchased the vivoactive 5. I have been searching the Connect app to limit which smart notifications appear on my watch. From searching the forums, I see that this has been a problem however, the solution was to go into settings and then into app notifications. It seems however that the app notifications setting has been removed from the Connect app. I can only control push notifications and email notifications. I cannot control app notifications for individual apps.

Is there some other way to limit which specific notifications appear on my watch and cause the watch to vibrate? It’s not at all ideal to have every notification that shows up on my phone show up and vibrate on my watch. I would like to only have WhatsApp notifications vibrate. 

Please help!

• It looks like you are using iOS. The app notification settings is only available for Android. For iOS you set that in the notification center.

• Thanks for responding. Do you mean the notification center on my iPhone? I’ll attach two photos so you can see what I see on my phone. I hope it makes sense and hope you can help.

• Yes, exactly. The checkbox under "Notification Centre" is what determines if the notifications should come to the watch or not.

Instructions: How Do I Set Up Which Notifications Display on My Garmin Device?

• Do you mean the notification center on my iPhone?

As  wrote. Just please note that your screenshot shows the notification settings for Garmin Connect. If you want to disable the notifications of a certain app on the watch, you have to disable the Notification Center option in the settings of the respective app, though (not in the settings for Garmin Connect!). So for example if you want to disable notifications from WhatsApp, you have to open the Notification settings of WhatsApp and disable the Notification Center option there (you will still continue receiving notifications on the phone).

• Thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately toggling "allow notifications" to off stops the notifications from showing up on my phone altogether. So it doesn't show on my watch, but also doesn't show on my phone.

• Hey, thanks a lot. 

Unfortunately, if I toggle "allow notifications" to off, it stops the notifications from showing up on my phone altogether. So while it doesn't show on my watch which is what I want, it also doesn't show on my phone.

• Do not toggle "Allow Notifications" (keep it enabled). Just disable the "Notification Center"

• I've been trying to customize my notifications, particularly to limit vibrations to only WhatsApp messages, but its like the option to manage app notifications for specific page has disappeared from the app settings. I haven't found a solution. It's quite frustrating as I rely heavily on my watch for notifications during workouts and would prefer not to be bombarded with every notification from my phone.

• If you are using an Android phone, then the setting for enabling notifications from individual app is still present in the latest Garmin Connect version (currently v4.76). Go to More ... » Settings » Notifications » App Notifications and disable notifications at WhatsApp. You cannot keep vibrations though, when disabled.