This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v4.70 App Changes

Please bring back the 3 circle preformance stats. I loved the former dashboard

• Yes one handed makes it easier, but a real improvement would have been to populate the sports list with the sports I actually do and add a search function, they failed on that again.

Otherwise that iconic 3 circle summary was a nice thing to post on social media, something that told "I used Garmin", sad this is gone now. Garmin missing out on free promo there.

"how did it go?" If I don't care and don't enter anything there, don't waste that much screen space with it.

• In addition to this new poor and un-userfriendly version, there are somme defects. Thé cardiac frequencies graph doesn't display the top frequencies. It's a pity, when you're doing a training based on it.

• How can this be changed back?

• You can't unless you install an unofficial/unsupported older version from an APK archive site, such as APKMirror

Know that you would be using this at your own risk.

• I do love this Dashboard. After a workout i’m not able to scroll the gear screen. 

• This new dashboard is awful!

• I would prefer if Garmin was consistent and thoughtful with Garmin Connect App. 

They changed design of how Walk activities are presented in the app. There is no point for doing so, just design guesswork as usual in recent period. 

Readability is worse since font size is visibly smaller. Some data that was shown on previous version are not seen now on 1st screen while data field that is often not used (Notes) has significant part of the 1st screen. Go figure.

Currently, there are several different designs for showing activities - and they are inconsistent with each other. For example, swimming has one design (with circles), walking has not this new table like design with small fonts, while strength has third type of design. this just makes it more difficult to use the app and find the data on screen. 

They also rotated where Menu and Notifications are located, with no benefit whatsoever from such change. 

Apps should be intuitive, user friendly and consistent. If they have obsolete design, at least try to keep the design consistent so that it is easier for use. 

• Hello, I totally agree. I logged on this Forum to complaint also about this new design. It was much better before. No need to have this big map occupying half of the screen. The navigation was also better. Could you bring back the previous layout ? Thanks. François 

• Wow horrible interface. Can anyone find the streak on steps? Or has it completely gone 

• How did this update get through beta testing in this form?  The overview dashboard tab should include total ascent for running activities and the overall layout isn't scaled to proper size and looks very antiquated.  Considering the Coros app dashboard provides more alot more key metrics in a nice layout, I'm shocked Garmin approved this for full scale public release!