This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I need to set my own resting metabolic rate (RMR)

I need to provide my own RMR. The estimations are terrible. My height, age, weight, etc are not going to give realistic results. Even all the online tools just guess my RMR incorrectly. Look at who they based those models on. Not normal. I've done a wide variety of RMR tests with one so thorough it took an hour and cost $1500. My last 3 different RMR tests, done 2 months ago, were in the 2800-2900 range. Garmin says I'm around 1980. Very wrong. If you sit in a closed room with me, from several real experiences, you will be sweating from the heat I produce.

• There are always outliers that will not work with the algorithms that is used by the greater mass.

Maybe you can use the weight to tweak the RMR values to be higher. If you enter a weight of ~200 kg it looks like you can get an RMR of ~3000. At least that is what I get when I use online tools.

Weight will affect other values. Primarily calorie consumption during activity, but since you got a higher RMR you might as well have higher values during activity.

The Fitness age function will be affected, but it is more of a gimmick.

I'm not sure what other values it will affect. If I were you I would do some testing and see if changing the weight will be a good enough workaround.