This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why change Course upload on Connect android

Connect used to have option to send route to watch or edge device, it now sends to both. Don't want hikes on edge device or cycle route on Fenix.

• Which version are you using?

When I press Send to device I get a list with my devices and can then press the one that I want to send the course to. I'm still on 4.66. I can't get 4.67 yet from Play Store, but I see that it is available from apkmirror since 3 days ago.

• Are you only using Garmin Connect when creating courses? 

• I use Garmin, Komoot and Strava it's definitely  a change new icon top left

• 3 dots used 2 select device now its for other options. New icon in blue sends to devices no option to which.

Guess I'm gonna have keep deleting hikes on edge and rides on fenix

• Strava and Komoot have always sent to all devices automatically.

Where is the "star" function for you? 

• Here's an additional problem it caused me. I didn't know about this change until this morning when I tried to put a new course on my 645 (non-music) to go run.  It wouldn't load.  Tried multiple times.  So I just went out and winged it.  While I was on the road an idea came to me (the best ideas come when I'm dying in the heat and humidity).  When I got back home, I checked all the courses on my watch.  I deleted several of the rides that I didn't realize were uploaded to the watch.  Then tried uploading the run course again.  Bingo!  So now by having the rides upload (unwanted) to my watch, it's filling up too much space.  Hope Garmin rethinks this one!  Either roll back to we select which device to upload a course to, or give us the ability to specify that runs upload to device X, and rides upload to device Y.  Yeah, I know, I'll have to send this in a "suggestion to Garmin" format since the odds of them reading it here are low.  :-)  

• Looks like they fixed it.  It asked me today which device I wanted to upload a course to.  Yay!