This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct 2 Solar Loop counter inconsistency

Scenarios: 1. Walk to track, change activity to run, loop track few times, change activity to walk, walk back.
                  2. Hike to track, change activity to trail run, loop track few times, change activity to hike, hike back.

Auto loop detection enabled in both cases (by GPS location)

1. First scenario leads Connect to record 1 loop, from front door to front door. No counting of loops around the track.

2. Second scenario leads Connect to record multiple loops around the track separately, plus 2 hikes.

Why is the behavior different for walking/running than hiking/trail running? How do I get it to records loops when running
the same way as trail running so I compare performance by loop? I like to use "hike/Trail run" in the park with ups and
downs, and walk/run on the flat track.

• Just in case someone finds this, found solution myself. Just make sure that any auto loop counting and/or manual loop button etc. is disabled on walking (and hiking). Enable auto loop (by position) on running (and trail running) and loops will be registering properly. It seems that any loop setting on the first of a multi-activity overrides the settings on later activities…