This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upload failed - GC does not have consent granted

For the last few days, my Garmin Connect app apparently wasn't able to sync its data to the web service. There was no visible error message and the data seemed to be stored locally, but - as I later discovered - disappeared the next day or later in the same day. I am also missing activities that are still shown on my Epix watch. Checking the sync status protocol on the app, this is what I found:

---GCM App Version---

---Timestamp---
Tue, May 23 2023 @ 3:27 AM

---Garmin Device Info---
[device information] unit id: *******, product number: 3943, software version: 1128, device name: EPIX

---Android Device Info---
Ver. Release: 13
Ver. SDK: 33
Ver. Codename: REL
Locale: *******
Manufacturer: samsung
Brand: samsung
Model: *******
Device: ******
Display: ***********
Hardware: qcom
Host: 21DKGA09
ID: TP1A.220624.014
Product: ********
Radio: *****,******
Serial: unknown
Tags: release-keys
Type: user
User: dpi
Board: ******
Bootloader: *********
Supported<br/>ABIs: arm64-v8a<br/>armeabi-v7a<br/>armeabi<br/>

---Sync Info---
******************** SYNC STARTED: AUTOMATIC_STANDARD *******************
******************** SYNC RESULT: AUTOMATIC_STANDARD: EPIX/14:13:0B:AA:62:0E ********************
Overall Sync Status=FAILURE
Overall Reason=DESTINATION_FAILED: Unexpected response code 403 for api.gcs.garmin.com/.../logs
IsConnected=true
GCUploadAgent=Uploadable=[FIT_TYPE_71, FIT_TYPE_70, FIT_TYPE_72, GPSData, FIT_TYPE_52, KPI, FIT_TYPE_32, FIT_TYPE_35, FIT_TYPE_57, FIT_TYPE_58, FIT_TYPE_38, FIT_TYPE_9, FitnessHistory, IQErrorReports, GOLF_SCORECARD, BACKUP_SUPPLEMENTARY, FIT_TYPE_61, ErrorShutdownReports, FIT_TYPE_41, FIT_TYPE_44, FIT_TYPE_66, FIT_TYPE_68, BACKUP_PRIMARY, FIT_TYPE_28, FIT_TYPE_49, FIT_TYPE_4, BLELogs, ULFLogs, WELLNESS_TYPE_1]
Total Files=2: VisibleFailures=1
UPLOAD: KPI/181B - DESTINATION_FAILED: Unexpected response code 403 for api.gcs.garmin.com/.../logs - ******
UPLOAD: FIT_TYPE_35/110B: ARCHIVED - CONSENT_NOT_GRANTED: GC does not have consent granted for file 412 for connectapi.garmin.com/.../upload - ********

Now, how can I get the data from the watch into the app? Is there no option to "force" re-sync of data that is older than the last successful sync? Why doesn't the app automatically retry to sync stuff that has failed?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Now, how can I get the data from the watch into the app?

Try a manual upload to Garmin Connect Web.

How Do I Manually Upload an Activity I Recorded to Garmin Connect?

If you get any message other than Import Complete, then there is a problem with the file. In that case, please attach it to this thread. We can take a look to see if it is repairable.

• Zip the file, then in a reply post Insert >> Image/video/file >> click Upload >> browse for file >> OK.
    • Or upload the fit file to a reputable file sharing service, such as OneDriveGoogle DriveDropbox, make the file public, then paste a link to the file in your post.
  • Thanks for that. AFAICS, the Epix (Gen 2) does not have mass storage mode. But I will try a wired sync via Garmin Express when I get home.

As the error message shows some problem with failing permissions, I don't think there's a problem with the files, though. 

When I found out the sync was not working, I restarted the phone and the app. It finally asked me for the consent again and I guess that's why sync is now working again. However, I have never revoked consent. Nor have I been shown any message saying that consent was missing, even though I opened the app every day, e.g. to store my weight. (That's also how I found out: I checked the graph and saw that the weight for the previous days was missing.)

• the Epix (Gen 2) does not have mass storage mode

I also have the Epix (Gen 2) .The manual upload works. You don't need Garmin Express to upload activities.

• You are amazing, thanks. I had to switch to a Windows machine, but then I was able to manually import the workouts.

However, no luck for other data like sleep, steps or HRV, although they are on the watch. Do you have any ideas for that as well?

• Best to get your Garmin Connect app working correctly. I'd start over from scratch.

• These are good explanations, but did not help, unfortunately.

It was not a connectivity issue. The data got sync'ed to the phone. What failed was the transfer to the web service, according to the sync audit due to seemingly missing consent for treatment of the data. (Consent that I had obviously given, because it worked fine for more than one month.)