This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please Allow Editing of Gear Mileage/KM

So I didn't have the auto add cycling activity kilometers to the gear tracking.  I have since fixed that, but Garmin should really allow us to enter the mileage, not only for such issues, but under the two following circumstances is it beneficial:

1. When Move IQ is used

2. When mechanical/wear parts are swapped from one frame to another and for maintenance purposes, those are being tracked.  Such things like wheelsets are often swapped

• Garmin should really allow us to enter the mileage

Garmin does allow you to add mileage to the gear. Simply add a manual activity of given type, assign the desired gear to it, and enter the extra mileage. You can add a note or title, for yourself, that you know the manual activity was added for that purpose.

As for wheels, chains or other parts, where you want to track their mileage, the best is entering them as a separate gear. I use the category Other, for that purpose - it also allows you to assign multiple default gears for the same activity type. 

Edit: I forgot this one:

So I didn't have the auto add cycling activity kilometers to the gear tracking.

.. and of course, you can also add the gear to past activities manually, if you forgot assigning some gear in the past

• So you're saying to solve this I have to create a manual activity every time and thsn somehow enter the additional mileage of all the gear I want to track?

• So you're saying to solve this I have to create a manual activity every time and thsn somehow enter the additional mileage of all the gear I want to track?

Sorry, just trying to help. I am not aware of any better option. And indeed I use it in this way when needed, although frankly told, it happened to me only once or twice, because I log practically all my activities with Garmin. 

But perhaps I did not understand your problem correctly. Why exactly do you need to add extra mileage frequently?

• I am not aware of any better option

... well, I used another way once too, so perhaps you find it better. Once I added a pair of shoes that I used before I had my first Garmin device, so I needed to add the extra mileage. In that case I did not add any manual activity, just simply added a note about the old mileage directly into the nickname of the shoes: "Brooks (+250km)", and also reduced the Max Distance accordingly.

Of course, you can then edit the title anytime you need, adding more extra mileage, although I still do not quite understand in which situations you need doing it.