This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Create course from previous activity via Android App

Hi there,

I want to save an activity as a course via the Android App.

This has seemingly been asked many times before but all answers seem to point to the Connect website. No one has described if/how to do it via the mobile app. One can create new courses from scratch on the app but there seems to be no method of saving an existing activity as a new course.

I know that this is done via the cogwheel on the Connect website, but I am away from home at the coast without my PC (or my password for the website login on the phone in desktop mode) so I want to save a previous activity as a course via the app so that we can retrace.

Any Android App users know how to do this?

Many thanks in advance
Simon

Top Replies

• Any Android App users know how to do this?

You simply can't do it with the app. As you told yourself, you have to use GC Web. It works just fine on phones too. Next time use a password manager…

All Replies

• Any Android App users know how to do this?

You simply can't do it with the app. As you told yourself, you have to use GC Web. It works just fine on phones too. Next time use a password manager, and store the password for your GC account in it, so that you can access the website anytime easily.

Well, there are some workarounds available though - if you have a Strava account associated with GC, you can export the activity as a Route from there. You can then import the GPX file to Garmin Connect (by opening it with the app).

Also other similar linked 3rd party services may work for this purpose - for example Komoot.

• Just as I feared, but thank you for the confirmation.

I never understand why so many companies have variable features from web to app and not always the app being the lower featured one. Consistence is what keeps users happy with GUIs (in case any Garmin staff are reading this)