This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 WhatsApp notifications stopped working

I had my new Garmin Venu 2 for a while, all notifications worked perfectly. The ones i stopped, they went away and the one a wanted kept coming up no problem. 

One day whatsapp stopped popping up. 

I've tried resetting the watch. It worked for 2 days then back to no notifications. The app itself all permissions are allowed. The notifications settings are set to allow WhatsApp as well.

All other notifications work perfectly. Just WhatsApp.. so annoying. 

Please help!! 

• The notifications settings are set to allow WhatsApp as well.

Assume you mean here?

I don't use WhatsApp so can't really test this. However, I do occasionally see forum members posting about this issue, as you can see in the "Related" section of this thread. Might be your answer in one of those threads. If not, try contacting Garmin Support

, apologies if this came across as being abusive.

• Thanks, yes i already checked this unfortunately it still doesn't work. I checked all related unfortunately many people with the same issue.

• In that case, Garmin Support is your best bet.

• I'm having a similar issue, I'm on a Garmin Venu 1 but a few days ago I noticed some notifications weren't coming through to my watch, the majority seem to be Whatsapp. I haven't changed any settings so can only assume there has been an update that has caused a problem.

• Just had a tip from another post, try uninstalling the Garmin Connect app and forgetting the watch in bluetooth settings. 

Then reinstall and re-pair the watch

• Hey guys, in case anyone else reads this forum looking for answers.

After a lot of searching and troubleshooting, I found another possible fix.

It could be your battery optimization on your phone. You might want to check your battery settings on your phone, and check if battery saver is enabled for your Connect App specifically. If some sort of battery optimization is linked to your Connect App, it'll reduce background usage of the Connect App, i.e. completely stop any push notifications to your Venu after your phone is locked for a certain amount of time.

You want to make sure that your Connect App is using all the power your phone can muster :)

• Hey guys, in case anyone else reads this forum looking for answers.

After a lot of searching and troubleshooting, I found another possible fix.

It could be your battery optimization on your phone. You might want to check your battery settings on your phone, and check if battery saver is enabled for your Connect App specifically. If some sort of battery optimization is linked to your Connect App, it'll reduce background usage of the Connect App, i.e. completely stop any push notifications to your Venu after your phone is locked for a certain amount of time.

You want to make sure that your Connect App is using all the power your phone can muster :)

• Personally think that's a terrible answer, if the battery on my phone is so low that battery saver kicks in then I wouldn't want the connect app to run in the background. I'd want to reduce the number of stops running in the background, especially ones that aren't essential.

• Awesome, and that's no issue, if you're somebody who doesn't want any notifications to come through on their Venu if their phone is flat, then sweet, it's the notifications you'll sacrifice. 

Only it may be one of the answers to the forum subject line. It's always good to learn a little even if it's not the issue.

Just sharing what I learnt so that it might help people in future. 

• Same problem here, i just bought a venu plus 2 yesterday ,it worked for one day properly then its off , i tried everything,,i'm really disappointed ,, i regret buying it.