This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WhatsApp notifications on Garmin Forerunner 245

Hi 

I searched online and could not find anything about this.  It is at most a minor inconvenience, but wondering if anyone could help.

I have had a few Garmin watches over the past few years (Fenix 5S, Fenix 6, Fenix 6 Plus, and now Forerunner 245).  All have displayed WhatsApp messages as "Sender" @ "GroupName", before displaying the message.  When someone sends a WhatsApp message directly to me (rather than in a group), it would just say "Sender" followed by their message.

I upgraded to iPhone 13 from iPhone 11 yesterday.  Since doing so, my WhatsApp messages just tell me the Sender, then the message, which displays the Group Name as part of the message.  I therefore don't know whether the message is directly to me (which I pay more attention to), or part of a WhatsApp group until I read the message.  

I just find it strange, as I have never had this issue, and wondering whether anyone else has any experience to share.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Hi, I've got your same problem. The problem is caused by the new update of Whatsapp: when you receive a Group message the notification (ON the IPhone) it's Sender/Group/Message. Before the update it was Sender @ Group. The GarminWatch shows only the first line, so now you get the notification like it was a private message. 
    Still I've no solution to the problem. 
    I've got a Venu2 and an iPhone 13.