This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Coach - stop at end of workout

Hey everyone, 

I am currently on a garmin coach half marathon plan. At the end of each workout (more specifically at the end of the last segment in the workout) my watch automatically stops the activity. Most times however I am still a little while from my home and want to continue recording, so each time I have to press the resume button on the watch to continue recording.

Sometimes I am too distracted and just don't realize when my watch vibrates to indicate the end of activity,so I miss some of distance covered. 

Is there a way to tell the watch to automatically continue in "free run mode" for garmin coach activities? For manually created workout I know that it is possible, but have not found a way for GC workouts.

Does somebody know a way how to do this?

• Lucky you. If you program your own run the timer keeps going and you have to edit the data to keep it within the workout. A workout is what is says a workout with a start and end criteria. Repeat the workout to see how the progress is going, If the user extends the workout lengths then the stats are not comparable. It appears the Garmin functionality is not consistent.  Anyway so you press the lap button again, at least you don't have to edit the data when you get back to base.