This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Suggested Connections

How do you get rid of Suggested Connections that appear in the News Feed?
Or do you have to continually use the X to remove each one.

• I posted the same issue in another forum but Garmin locked the topic and reffered to this topic (they said discussion although there is no discussion obviously here). Topic that I raised is here: forums.garmin.com/.../1411340

Instead of providing solution, garmin staff plays around the issue and hope users will forget about it.

I consider this a privacy issue and will not let it go since I do not appreciate my data shared to unknown people without my consent.

I reported this to garmin forum and garmin product support, and still did not receive answer from Garmin on how to disable this. 

Can we get official position on this topic from Garmin please?

• Yes got the same with ios, there is not topic or thread, they do want us to forget and move on but am not happy with this. Garmin please do something about this 

• Garmin, what is the official reply to this privacy issue - of users appearing to other users as suggested connections without their consent?

• Can anyone from Garmin please reply:

1. How can I turn off Suggested Connection?

2. Who can see me as Suggested Connection?

3. How can I disable myself to be shown on someone elses Suggested Connection?

• Did you already try asking Garmin directly at https://support.garmin.com? It is not very likely they would react here, on the user forum.

Personally, I get no suggestions at all, so perhaps it can be due to the privacy settings, where I've set my Profile not to be public.

• Thank you for reply. 

My setting are that only friends can see me but not public, but I see suggestions for people that are not my friends on Garmin.

I have not received reply from Garmin even though I wrote to their support. I sent another inquiry today.

• Mine are the same, not understanding why am I still getting suggested connections. It seems it’s just you and I that are bothered by this, Garmin could not care less about it. 

• It is not just me and you, I have a couple of friends with same issue, but they do not bother to write on forum about it. Unfortunately, it does seem that Garmin does not care about this, although it is properly reported. Since I consider this breach of privacy, I will not let this be forgotten like many other topics raised here or to support. 

• Garmin, when will you provide official response on the topic and solve the issue?

• Same question: Garmin, when will you provide official response on the topic and solve the privacy issue?