This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Does anyone here have problems with the credit of flats and steps? 
    My forerunner 745 gives me too many credits and therefore the statistics it gives me are wrong!
    Garmin Argentina support doesn't know how to fix it and they want me to buy them a new watch!
    It stopped working just after a year of use!
    Garmin is making disposable watches!!!
  • Please do all updates on your phone and watch via the web, Mine has been sorted now for around 2 months, no issues.

• Please do all updates on your phone and watch via the web, mine is sorted for around 2 months now, I have a Vivoactive 4 and a Samsung A32

• You need to know that Garmin has decided not to take responsibility for anything. 
    I made a claim in "Defense to the consumer" in Argentina and they did not appear in the audiences.
    I also spoke with the international Garmin support and
    the person I spoke whit, told me that he understands the case but that he cannot do anything else
    or tell me anything else, "that he is tied hand and foot".
    Garmin's customer service and technical support is a farce and their watches leave a lot to be desired,
    they are not worth what they cost.
  • I heard that.the  problem occur when you update from android 11 to 12.  This may have something to do with the bluetooth version also.

When you buy a new phone with android 12 this problem will not occur , because there will be a different bluetooth version if i   understood good.

It is no fault from Garmin. But an Android ( in combination with bluetooth) fault.  Very frustrating it is.

1. Yes I would like to be added to this case
    2.  Yes you have permission to access my account
    3.  yes you have permission to email me.

I'm from Italy.

Same problem here with a Fenix 7x sapph.sol. bought yesterday. I have also an Instinct that seem not to have the issue.

The message showed up just after having added my new FX 7x

• THE LINKING PROBLEM IS ALREADY SOLVED. 
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK IN MY WATCH IS THE BAROMETER AND GARMIN DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.
    THEY TOLD ME THAT THE WARRANTY EXPIRED AND I SHOULD BUY A NEW ONE IF I WANT TO.
    MY FORERUNNER 745 IS NEW, IT STARTED TO FAIL JUST 1 YEAR AFTER PURCHASE,
    IT LOOKS LIKE A GARMIN SCAM
  • Don't hold any hope Garmin will help.  I waited 2 weeks for a tech support technician to reply.  They told me to download diagnostic data.  Sent a link and that doesn't work.  Garmin are a absolute disgrace.  It just shows when the company cuts back on customer service the damage it does to the brand is irreversible.  I have had Garmin products for over a decade.  I simply don't trust this Venu anymore.  I am using my Venu 2 plus as a digital watch.  I have turned off blue tooth as pairing issue made watch unusable.  Pathetic customer service 

• Agreed. I have used Garmin in Aviation, Marine, Mapping and Watches and now I will never buy Garmin again. My wifes watch is exactly that now, just a watch, we can't even turn the bluetooth on as it just keeps pairing and dropping, pairing and dropping, pairing and dropping... this has been going on since the day we bought it and I contacted product support 8 months ago with zero outcome.