This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • I had the exact same issues. 

Out of the blue it just disconnected and displayed pairing codes, but wouldn't pair. 

I phoned Garmin & initially they told me to connect it to a laptop (I don't own a laptop and any work related devices do not allow external downloads etc) so they suggested I buy one! What a laugh 

They agreed for me to return it for a refurbished one, I wasn't informed that I'd have to pay return postage cost ($10 but still). 

Apparently the warranty starts again with this refurbished one. My watch was only 5 months old so I agree, really we are entitled to a refund as these products are not fit for purpose. 

Anyway, a week in with my new watch and I'm happy enough (so far)

Good luck! And don't send yourself mad trying to pair it, it's a fault, just send it back/insist on a refund somehow 

• I want my money back... please tell me how to get my money back.

• Garmin Luke... Please tell me how to get my money back. The store i bought this watch from will not take it back and it has not worked since the day we bought it

• The user forum is not the best place to ask for a refund. I am afraid you will probably have to contact the dealer, where you purchased your watch, or the Product Support, if it was purchased directly from Garmin.

• Look at my post more closely... the dealer refuses to take the watch back and will not give a refund. Product support only says that they are working on the problem and it has been over 7 months now and still no tangible progress or even updates.

These guys need to come out with something definitive about how this will either be resolved or refunds given.

An open forum is THE ideal place to be asking this question and every single person on here should be asking the same thing... how do we get our money back.

• This problem is resolved once updating to Android 12

• This problem is resolved once updating to Android 12

• An open forum is THE ideal place to be asking this question and every single person on here should be asking the same thing... how do we get our money back.

OK, if the retailer does not want to refund you, contact a lawyer or an association for consumer protection. Or just sell the device on eBay or similar. I bet it will be gone very quickly, and for a good price, since it is very probable that the device has no defect, and the problem is rather on the side of the phone configuration.

• Great solutions! Get a Lawyer or sell the inoperable watch onto some poor other sucker and it can be their problem...

• As I wrote, with a very high probability, the watch has no problem at all. Try connecting it to a friend's phone of another brand (while removing it from the BT menu of your phone, from Garmin Connect, and shutting down BT on your phone). I bet it will connect without problems.

As for your phone, make sure you exhausted the possibilities of fixing the known Bluetooth problems of different phone brands, and their OSes, like enabling the Gabeldorsche BT stack, disabling the Doze feature, disabling battery optimization, etc - most of them are described in the Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide