This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • no my issue got fixed after new update in watch 9.17 for venu 2

• Some positive news, since last week 27th May 2022, I received an update on my Samsung and now the watch stays connected to my Phone, connects automatically - Happy days lets hope it stays like this.

• Positive news also: My Samsung A32  has been connected  with vívoactive 3 since a few weeks (update Garmin connect?) now, without having to reconnect. 

Fingers crossed....

• Yes Yes Yes. Fenix 6 solar won't stay connected. Please help!

• I'm having problems connecting my Garmin Venu SQ to my Samsung S8.  It's very frustrating.  I get as far as completing setup of your Venu SQ device and it doesn't go any further.  

Re questions above 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

• I got a new Samsung A32 and I'm having issues connecting it to my Venu SQ. Very frustrating.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

• So here is something that I had done which helped fix the issue with my device:

1. Unpair and remove your device from Connect and delete the device from your phone's bluetooth list and cache (to delete cache you can re-start the phone)

2. Pair the watch as normal with your phone via Connect app.

3. Here is the critical part, after the watch is synced and connected to the app. Go to your phone's Bluetooth's "Paired Devices" List and find your watch.

4. Tap on the Gear Icon next to the device's name.

5. Tap on the "Rename" option.

6. Rename your device. In my case I used "Alex's Venu 2 Plus"

7. Press OK to save changes and done.

Hope this does the trick for you as it had done to me.

From what I had been able to see, seems that Connect has issues talking to the Bluetooth settings on the phone and messes up by deleting the device from the "Paired List" this then creates the endless loop requesting for the the Pairing Code. When changing the name seems more difficult for Connect to mess this up. So far, I had been able to: Turn on and of the Bluetooth on the watch without code being requested, go out of range and come back with immediate re connection.

Hope this helps you all!

• Thanks!! But the Connect app on my samsung A32 doesn't even recognize my forerunner745.

In addition, the clock counts more credits in "floors" and "steps"...

It worked fine for just 1 year and immediately began to fail...

It seems like a scam by Garmin, now they tell me that they do not know how to fix it and that I I have to buy a new watch because it is no longer under warranty