This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

Delta Tactix Solar / Android 12 Phone

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

Delta Tactix Solar / Android 12 Phone, issues appearing since last update 3 days ago.

• 1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

PLEASE FIX..

As further info, this tip from the Sync Issues Tips thread (#21, I believe) seems to have helped -- Samsung Galaxy Note10+.

"On some phones (namely reported on several SAMSUNG models), you may need to reset the network settings, typically under Settings » General management » Reset » Reset network settingsPlease note you'll loose all network settings for wi-fi and Bluetooth a will have to re-do them. (source)"

I noticed that after doing this, the Bluetooth icon began to appear on the face of my Vivoactive 4 which had not previously appeared, even when connected via BT to my phone. 

That said, will need more time to see if it really worked. 

HOWEVER, it should be pointed out that even if it worked, THIS SHOULD NOT BE NEEDED. I have many other BT devices and I have used other watches on the same phone and every single one worked and stayed connected perfectly. 10/10. 100% of the time. The first time. It is ONLY this Garmin that requires this insanity. Logically, then, the problem is the Garmin software/firmware, even if there is something on the phone that "fixes it". 

• Garmin has only provided reassurances that they are working to fix this problem,  Garmin has never produced or posted any evidence that they are actively working to solve this problem. 

Can Garmin please provide evidence that this problem is being worked on?  

• It is honestly incredible that Garmin is unable to get this right. Every other watch and Bluetooth device I have ever used from any brand of any kind has managed to stay connected to BT the first time, every time, no crazy jaunts thru the settings, just straight away they work and keep working perfectly. Garmin, what are you doing to fix this? Have you considered recruiting from any other device maker since they seem to be able to get it right with no problems whatsoever?

• Have you considered recruiting from any other device maker since they seem to be able to get it right with no problems whatsoever?

Not sure whether other manufacturers use the same technology (BTLE - Bluetooth Low Energy), or even when they do, if they do it in the same way allowing Garmin to have excellent battery life. Personally I never experienced any problems with the connectivity, with none of my Garmin devices, nor with any of the phones (Samsung, and a noname chinese Android, as well as iPhone), and also my relatives and friends do not have any, so I do not think it is a general problem. 

On the other hand, the number of users with these issues, indicate that there indeed is some problem. Would be nice to find a common denominator for the problems. Didn't you, by hazard, previously already install the device, then removed it, and then installed again? Recently I saw a post, where a user experienced repeated pairing requests in such case.

• Not sure whether other manufacturers use the same technology (BTLE - Bluetooth Low Energy), or even when they do, if they do it in the same way allowing Garmin to have excellent battery life.

Sure they do.

Example: Amazfit GTR, 50+ calls/notification per day, real battery life 30 days with AOD off per full charge. 7 days with AOD on as new, 6 days with AOD on after 2 years in use.

• Example: Amazfit GTR

Yes, but then, they seem to have as many problems with the connectivity as Garmin. If not more Slight smile

https://www.google.com/search?q=Amazfit+GTR+connection+problem 

• Well, did you try to run the same query for "Garmin Fenix" for example? Slight smile

I don't think we can judge connection issues by the number of Google search results... And I'm sure there's not a single application/program with a zero bugs.

Anyway, the main point in my opinion - when you buy premium brand device - no one can expect everything will be 100% working - but it's premium brand, isn't it? So the support should be premium as well. And that's unfortunately not true in the case of Garmin - this thread is a good example.

I'm really happy I don't face this issue, but I can feel the pain of affected users. Who knows, something similar can happen in the future - and my device, premium brand device, will be useless. That's really sad vision... It's hard to recommend Garmin device to my friends... hard to think that Garmin will be my next device again... Expressionless

• And I'm sure there's not a single application/program with a zero bugs.

Exactly, that was my point Slight smile

And yes, I do feel the pain of the concerned users, too. However, the argument that it happens only to Garmin, and not to other brands is nonsense. 

BTW, for those concerned with this issue, if interested, have a look at the following thread, and try following the instructions there, to see whether it helps or not:

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/instinct-solar/294761/instinct-solar-camo-will-no-longer-pair-with-pixel-5a/1423440#1423440